New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marlin 336 to Texan Style Lever
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have never cared for the pistol grip on a 336. If I can find a straight Lever/Lever Plate at a reasonable price can I swap it out? I can do the restocking of the butt. I searched the Marlin forums but didn't see anything. Thanks

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Finally something I know something about. I mean something, about which I know. My Mother was an English teacher.
Yes, definitely and you do not need any new parts.
You buy the PG rifle, disassemble the lower tang and mill it flat. (Careful; the old ones have the SN there) then bend the lever to match it. Or you can buy a flat lever if you can't get it right. Heat and forge it around a square mandrel you have machined the inside radii on. Why do I keep ending sentences with prepositions?
Easy.

Posts: 17294 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
Finally something I know something about. I mean something, about which I know.

Reminds me of a joke. A guy is visiting Harvard. He asks a student, "Where is the library at?"

The student says, "Here at Harvard, we never end our sentences with prepositions."

Guy looks at him and says, "Ok. Where is the library at asshole?"

What drives me crazy is my engineers who insist on skipping articles, use of the passive voice, and not using a question mark when asking a question.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
The worst offense is the use of possessives to mean plural. I find that at least half of Americans do not know how to use them. True story; again, my Mother would be at the grocery store and see a sign; Banana's 39 cents. She would seek out the manager and berate him mercilessly. Happened a lot. Good entertainment for us kids.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you can find a straight stock lever (gunbroker) then it is simple. I did this with a Treebone stock and it went easy.

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bpesteve
posted Hide Post
English must be the most difficult language on earth; while it's about being, its possessive isn't.

Posts: 973 | Location: paradise with an ocean view | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Or you can just buy a new flat lever from Brownells for $99. Still have to mill the lower tang flat.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
What drives me crazy is my engineers who insist on skipping articles, use of the passive voice, and not using a question mark when asking a question.

I get worn out by overuse of tired business jargon (paradigm shift, traction, adding value, etc.) but my pet peeve is folks trying to get fancy with the plural of "process". Folks can't seem to say processes. They says something that sounds like "processeze".

Posts: 1730 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skl1:
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:

I get worn out by overuse of tired business jargon (paradigm shift, traction, adding value, etc.) but my pet peeve is folks trying to get fancy with the plural of "process". Folks can't seem to say processes. They says something that sounds like "processeze".

Totally agree!!! You forgot to include "unpack" as in, "let's unpack what that means."

But I have more: why does everyone and their brother think it makes them sound clever when they turn nouns into verbs and vice-versa? I think I first heard it in a Kinkos commercial: "The new way to office." Or "no one out-pizzas the Hut."

What really drives me batshit crazy is the use of the verb "ask" when "request" is more appropriate. Ex: "The conversation concerns a customer with an ask about the product."

Why does anyone think that sounds better than "The conversation concerns a customer with a request (or question) about the product?"

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I sure don't need to be in this here conversation!

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Posts: 837 | Location: Randleman, NC | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Y'all have to proud of the current young generation. They have resolved all the problems in the world by renaming them " issues .

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran

Posts: 1111 | Location: Brownstown, Michigan | Registered: 19 April 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yeppers, their ain' t no way I am going to get into this here conversation Big Grin

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1511 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
The worst offense is the use of possessives to mean plural. I find that at least half of Americans do not know how to use them. True story; again, my Mother would be at the grocery store and see a sign; Banana's 39 cents. She would seek out the manager and berate him mercilessly. Happened a lot. Good entertainment for us kids.

Oh, my God! Are you and I related? My mom was an English teacher, too. And she went bananas over banana's, going so far as to correct the store manager!

To this day, I still know a guy with a PhD that can't get the plural/possessive straight.

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7503 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
The one that I hate is use of "impacted" when one means "have an impact on." It is impacted if it is a tooth or hit a bridge abutment!

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3845 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What about effect vs. affect, or sale vs. sell?

Damn... English is cornfusing.. wright?

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member

Posts: 969 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm so glad my query was able to generate a great discussion about grammar. Wink

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I also answered your question though. Which makes the diversion, ok. Sort of. Crap; I mean of a sort.