New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bauska BBK-02
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Overall how do these actions rate? About how many of have been made? Any other information would be appreciated also.
Thanks

JMeier

Posts: 96 | Location: Arroyo Grande, Ca. | Registered: 09 December 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
they range from rough to fair, out of the box. finish up fair to excellent... these were designed by les Bauska, sold 2 or 3 times to different makers, was even made in korea for awhile.... some of the are very well made and very tight, those are the ones made in the states.

makes an excellent gun...

was talking to Les today about the one I just bought, for what that's worth...

same thread as a mauser, he says.

jeffe

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
they are the same as the Olympic Arms and the CZ 550 Magnum action. Only differences are where small holes are drilled for parts (such as trigger parts) and the size and pitch of threads. But the basic action is the same. Only one I saw was pretty rough. But then the Oly Arms and CZ are from the factory too, but all can be cleaned up quite nicely.

One advantage (to some people, myself included) of the Bauska and Oly Arms ovs. the CZ 550 Mag is the former use Britich Imperial threads. I hate cutting metric threads. Not really a problem, just a major PITA.

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just modified one for talley rings and the owner was not satisfied with the way the bolt handle flopped up and down. The cocking piece notch was way to wide so I welded up the rear tang and re cut the notch, that pretty much fixed it. Other than than it seems to be a pretty good action. It was a Korean made action

Posts: 328 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 20 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi,

Ive got a BBK02 barreld action ,original 416 Rem that says Royal Arms on it. I have had others . My Searcy 416 Rigby was BBK02 but wasnt as refined as the Royal Arms action. I would like to find out more about Royal Arms . Anyone have any info on this? The Royal Arms action had much nicer metal work and finish. Seemed tight. Its getting restocked now by Lon Paul.

Clay

Posts: 205 | Location: Mt . Orab OHIO | Registered: 12 July 2006Reply With Quote