THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Ever use this for glass bedding tupperware stocks?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ever use this for glass bedding tupperware stocks?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I had a gunsmith tell me he's had very good results, anyone else?

http://kleanstripauto.com/prod...og-adhesion-promoter

Posts: 1680 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not the question you asked: I have good luck drilling holes with a small drill bit, and also using a coarse sanding sleeve to scuff the surface. I haven't tried the product you show. Never heard of it before.

Posts: 1104 | Location: Eastern Oregon | Registered: 02 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ssdave:
Not the question you asked: I have good luck drilling holes with a small drill bit, and also using a coarse sanding sleeve to scuff the surface. I haven't tried the product you show. Never heard of it before.

That's the way I do it

Posts: 19428 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, the mechanical bond is SOP, just wanted to know if this might make it stronger.

Posts: 1680 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
I just use marinetex grey - and rough up the surface.

Marinetex is designed for adhesion to gelcoat, paint, fireglass, marine metals, and plasics .. (being funny) you know, like, boats and stuff

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38569 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Recoil Rob:
Yes, the mechanical bond is SOP, just wanted to know if this might make it stronger.

You might contact the company that makes it and ask if it's compatible with the material you want to use it on. If you do please post here what they say.

Scuff sanding, cleaning then promoting the bonding surface is the best of all worlds.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2802 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My question....

"Re: Bulldog® Adhesion Promoter, will this help adhere epoxies to injection molded plastics?"

Their reply...

"Yes. Bulldog will adhere to most plastics except polyethylene. Please see the attached Technical Data Sheet for your reference."

Link to Tech Data Sheet.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You ought to buy a can and try it. That size would be a 100 year supply for all of us!

Posts: 1104 | Location: Eastern Oregon | Registered: 02 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Recoil Rob:
My question....

"Re: Bulldog® Adhesion Promoter, will this help adhere epoxies to injection molded plastics?"

Their reply...

"Yes. Bulldog will adhere to most plastics except polyethylene. Please see the attached Technical Data Sheet for your reference."

Link to Tech Data Sheet.

Thank you sir. Smiler

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2802 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How long does it take to set up??

I also use Marine Tex exclusively.. its the best IMO..For the beginner Id advise one use Brownells Jel until he gets the hang of it..follow directions very carefully.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41953 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Degrease thoroughly before anything else as there could still be mold release agents on the plastic.

Drill a bunch of angled divots into the plastic.
Most epoxies have limited ability to chemically bond to the "tupperware" plastic stocks. You want to get a mechanical bond.

Take a carbide burr in your rotary tool and thoroughly rough up the surface- again, for mechanical bond to the rough surface.

When laying in the bedding epoxy, be sure to work it into all the divots you drilled.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Use a hair dryer to warm the glass up once its applied to the stock and before you set the gun into the mess, an it will allow the glass flow into those cut outs and cracks..It also makes it flow clean and avoids those evil voids, one should always avoid voids. (pun intended) tu2 wave

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41953 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote