Find
Notify
Tools

Stock?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Siam_Krag
posted
Attached are some pictures of a stock that I have and would like to use on a .308 Norma. I was hoping that I could get some help answering two questions:

1.) is there a problem with the wrist, looks like it is pretty hard wood and I am concerned that it may crack under the recoil of the .308 Morma?

2.) Any one tell what type of walnut it is? (bought at a garage sale believe it is second from Richard's has 98E on it so I am lead to believe it may be English walnut????)

Thanks for any help in advance.

Regards, Chris

Posts: 169 | Location: Santa Cruz, California | Registered: 11 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Siam_Krag
posted Hide Post

Posts: 169 | Location: Santa Cruz, California | Registered: 11 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted Hide Post
Looks like Claro. It would be easier to tell if you got the stock wet with alchohol or mineral spirits.

Posts: 1268 | Location: Newell, SD, USA | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
without better pictures it looks like claro although there may be a graft line in the area of the rear of the action.

Posts: 979 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
claro,

put a pin down the wrist and crossbolts

jeffe

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38612 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote