New
Find
Notify
Tools

When your Dad is your smith
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
He'll build you guns, fix your guns, fix your screwups, spend zillions of unpaid hours on projects you can't live without. He'll also let you play in his shop, let you use (some of) his tools, and even break some of his tools. Talk about a custom ordered gun, I got a custom ordered Dad.

Posts: 201 | Location: logan, W.V. | Registered: 13 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thumb clap dancing

Posts: 1610 | Location: Shelby, Ohio | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
That's good Dale, I know you are proud of him, as he is of you!

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JMJ888
posted Hide Post
Does he want to adopt another...I don't eat much and I clean up after myself?

Posts: 436 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 27 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have three kids and so I know first hand what kids of gunsmiths can be like. Being the dad of such lucky kids myself, I offer some practical advise that will help keep the bond between you and him, tight.

Always obey your dad, never argue with him as he is always right. Pick up after yourself and offer to clean his shop and wash the truck, mow the lawns, take out the trash and buy him good stuff for birthdays and Christmas. You know, just be a good kid! As I'm sure you are... Big Grin thumb

Posts: 1374 | Registered: 06 November 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
my youngest son got to take avantage of this more than the elder... he has a 458 win, 500jeffe, 257 roberts, and a223 (223 is factory) and some muzzle loaders.. and all it took was "dad, I don't have ....."

jeffe

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39696 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Awe come on Jeffe, you would have done it for anyone as long as it was over .458" Wink

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My dad is taking a gunsmith course right now and my wife is a taxidermist. best of both worlds.

A lesson in irony

The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing this year the greatest amount of free Meals and Food Stamps ever, to 46 million people.

Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us... "Please Do Not Feed the Animals." Their stated reason for the policy is because "The animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."

Thus ends today's lesson in irony.

Posts: 1626 | Location: Michigan but dreaming of my home in AK | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote