THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    What is the barrel thread size of Montana 1999 Actions?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is the barrel thread size of Montana 1999 Actions?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Guy offered a barrel. What other actions will it fit?

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2147 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
1x16 like Win 70. Cone breech. Pretty sure.

Posts: 17171 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
1" - 16tpi. No cone on the Montana as it has a "Mauser collar". The 'cone' is built into the Mauser collar (on the Montana). I have a Tikka LSA55 that uses 1"-16tpi, also. The post 64 Winchester 70 push feed has a flat breech and uses 1" x 16tpi, like the Montana. The post 64 Win 70 'Classic' is coned as is the pre 64 70. As for the length of the threads, don't know or remember. Probably not the same for a "drop-in".

Posts: 696 | Location: fly over America, also known as Oklahoma | Registered: 02 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Ruger 77 and #1 have one/16. .
I though the Montana had a cone breech; I have one here but have not looked at for years....Guess I better look at it.

Posts: 17171 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What barrel? I have a couple of Montana actions I've had for years and never got around to building anything on them. Even have a stock for one. Keep thinking I'll build my son a 6.5 CM with it. Have stock, barrel, action, just need ambition.

Posts: 1104 | Location: Eastern Oregon | Registered: 02 December 2007Reply With Quote