Find
Notify
Tools

Dayton/Traister vs Timney triggers
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted
I am building another Mexican Mauser(250 Sav) and have always used Timney triggers in all the other rifles I have built but noticed that the Dayton Traister triggers are the same as the Timneys that I use and was wondering if there was a difference in the triggers. The pull weight adjustment is in the same relative range so that lets out that factor. Is it a better trigger or about the same? Thanks for any info.

Steve E........

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 1836 | Location: Semo | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Dayton Traister trigger in my Ruger M77 All-weather and the weight of pull is about the same as the Timney in my FN Mauser I don't think the DT is quite as smooth. This may be because the Ruger has not been used near as much as the Mauser. I would buy another DT because of the cost saving over the Timney though.

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1191 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought a D/T for a left over pieces Turk,my gunsmith liked the DT so much ,he was talking about pulling the Timmey on his Whelen and putting on a D/T.He fitted the trigger and it works great.

You can hunt longer with the wind at your back

Posts: 480 | Location: B.C.,Canada | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
the dayton trigger, for mausers, requires less wood to be removed from the mag to trigger "web"..

i used this for the 550 express
jeffe

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38613 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote