New
Find
Notify
Tools

Update on Shipping handguns
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Thanks for all the replies to my question on shipping my handguns back to MN but it was fruitless. The communist bastards here in Hawaii wouldn't allow me to ship them. Both UPS and FedEx said it was against the law for me to ship them to myself. I even told them to read the regulations and that I had called ATF to verify it was legal. They wouldn't listen and said the only way was through a dealer. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!! It would cost me several hundred dollars to do it through them.
I guess I will just put the most expensive ones in my luggage and leave the rest of them here in Hawaii til our shipment out of "The Land of Liberals".
Keith

Posts: 153 | Location: God's country Northern Minnesota | Registered: 29 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
WWhunter, If traveling with family who could claim responsibility or ownership for some of the handguns, I believe that you each would be allowed three. When traveling by air now the TSA policy as I understand it, is that they must be in legal possession where you check in, and where you are detined to arrive. It is as though you are going on a hunting trip. Check with your airline first, and the TSA second to verify their requirments and ask if they would like any special notification prior to your arrival at the airport.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
Can't the military take care of that for you? When we left K-Bay, the Marine Corps shipped personal firearms for those who had them. Maybe talk to someone at the Base legal department.

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How long ago did you leave here? Also, my wife is Army and I hate to say this but it seems like most of the idiots in the military these days are almost anti gun. I had a big argument with them already about shipping guns. They tried to tell me I couldn't bring them to Germany when I went there. Big mess there also. But I won in the end. Smiler

Posts: 153 | Location: God's country Northern Minnesota | Registered: 29 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
1971... Why can't you transport them in your check on baggage?

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote