Find
Notify
Tools

Re: cz 527 rings
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Quote:

"I have Millet rings on my 2 527s." Are there decided advantages of the Millet rings over the supplied CZ rings? roger

On my first CZ-527 hornet, I got a set of CZ rings. They were soft and would not align. I replaced them with Millet rings which are much like their weaver style in that you can align them. At the time, that's all I could find. On the second rifle, I had planned to get Warne rings but was shipped the wrong ones (for the 550) and got the Millets again because they were available at Midway and I had an order ready to go. I would probably not use the Millets on the 550 and heavier calibers but the look and work fine on the little 527.

Courtney

Posts: 338 | Location: Johnsburg, Illinois | Registered: 15 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
Thanks,Courtney,
I guess I was lucky. When I got my 527 it came with a target with three holes in it close together. There are no other sights on it so I figured they had a scope with rings that they proffed every rifle with. Well being fat dumb and happy I mounted the rings and scope ,and from the back yard bore sighted it. The next day I took it to the range and the fist shot was within 2" of center.What indication did you get that the rings were soft? The rings I received were steel but I know not the hardness or what future trouble that they may cause. Do you think the light recoil of the .222 will adversly affect them? roger

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
IIRC it was the screws that deformed and stripped the hex heads when I tried to loosen them and adjust the rings. I guess the rings themselves may have been ok temper wise but as they did not line up anywhere near the bore centerline so I tossed them. It may just have been a bad set of screws but I've been happy with the Millet rings and have always liked Warne too. I glad everything is working out for you. The experience did not sour me on CZ just their rings. I was able to best the included target at 200 yards yesterday with 55 grain white box Winchester factory loads and 50 grain Hornaday V-max factory reloads doing about 3300fps. It hated the 68 grain A-max though. Maybe 10 inches at 100 and I could see evidence of bullet yaw in the targets. Too long a bullet I guess for the 1-9 twist. I loaded up a 100 Remington 50 grain PLHP rounds and Ball-C and got decent results too. If yours is mounted fine, don't worry, be happy, go shoot.

Posts: 338 | Location: Johnsburg, Illinois | Registered: 15 December 2002Reply With Quote