New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rifle with this kind of setup
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
What models of (bolt-action) rifle combines trigger with bolt release(i.e. bolt can be released after pulling trigger)?

I know Mosin-Nagant is one, any others?

Posts: 638 | Location: O Canada! | Registered: 21 December 2001Reply With Quote
<redleg155>
posted
Not remembered much now, but the Reminton .22 rimfires of a while ago do. My 521-T is one of them...don't know about the others of that era.

redleg

one of us
posted Hide Post
redleg155, now you reminded me, all my rimfire bolt actions are like that.

I shoulda said "centerfire bolt action rifles".

<Bill Tompkins>
posted
Pyrotek,

The Voere "Shikar" uses this bolt release system.

I'd have to check to be sure but if memory serves me, the Shultz & Larson Mdl. 65 has the trigger pushed forward to release the bolt.
It just goes to show that memory isn't all it's cracked up to be. It's the Herter's U-9 actions that need to have the trigger pushed forward to remove the bolt.

Bill

[This message has been edited by Bill Tompkins (edited 01-02-2002).]

<333-OKH>
posted
It's been a while but I remember the Savage 110 being of that ilk.

------------------
If Elmer didn't say it, it probably ain't true.

one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
The Winchester Model 54.

Posts: 3831 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
<David>
posted
Weatherby MK Vs

<jim k>
posted
Voere Black Forest also uses the trigger to release the bolt.
Jim

<manhasset>
posted
The Sweedish Husqvarna HVA action, the one S&W put their name on. Models A,B,C,D,E. used the streamlined action.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Weatherby Mk 5

Posts: 275 | Location: NW USA | Registered: 27 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for replies.
I didn't know there are so many using this setup (I too found a couple military rifles from the exploded drawing book also use this setup)

Here's what confuses me : To release the bolt stop, trigger is squeezed back(except guns that use forward motion like Bill said), this "squeezing back" is usually a large movement,
but a "nice trigger" usually have a stop screw to limit overtravel to a minimum, meaning the trigger is not allowed a large movement. How do other gun designs allow BOTH positive bolt release AND minimum overtravel? (using some sort of 2-stage trigger?) Mosin-Nagant rifles as I know of, have creepy triggers and overtravel of 10 feet.

one of us
posted Hide Post
In many cases the trigger comes up against an additional spring at the end of it's travel. That is to say there is a trigger spring and in addition a bolt stop spring.
Commercial rifles using this system would include the Wby MkV,Win54,BSA,husqvarna, Savage 340 and a host of others I have forgotten or never knew!
The Canjar trigger for the Wby seperated the boltstop from the trigger to simplify things. Regards, Bill

Posts: 3747 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote