Notify
Tools

FEDEX=Theives, HELP
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Neverflinch:
9.3, you obviously haven't been a close study of JSG's post. Keep in mind that this is the same "guy" that thinks that Sako sent him a rifle with a broken stock. Even though the rifle had been shipped, he is absolutly sure(with no evidence mind you) that the gun was broken before it ever shipped. He can not even entertain the thought that the gun may have been damaged in transit. I guess you see where I'm going here. Some people just like to make their points heard at any cost. Take him with a grain of salt.
Just as you don't have any evidence to refute my claim, dumbass.

Posts: 475 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: 15 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ropes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pertinax:
Effective complaining is an art. It's negotiation-- like many things in life. Of COURSE they "rejected your claim". All insurance companies are likely to do that the first time. They're testing your resolve.

Go up the ladder, keep raising a stink, spend a few more hours on the phone. (It may be presumptious of me to assume you have not fully explored this option.)

Then consider suing. If you don't have time for the phone calls, you don't have time for the suit.

Is short they are unethical thieves. . to bad we have so many immoral and unethical people in the USA. .

Posts: 549 | Location: Denial | Registered: 27 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'd give real money if he'd shutup..... shame

Posts: 1268 | Location: Newell, SD, USA | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just realized that I had Just Some Dork on eternal ignore on our prior server.

My mom told me not to talk to trolls when I was a little boy. fifty years later and it is still excellent advice.

Soooooooo.
A reader sent me this question:

If Just Some Guy's throat was on fire should one piss on it to put the fire out?

Answer:

No, the urine stream could possible spread the flames around. You would want to use a readily available semi-solid biological substance to smother the flames.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lawndart:
I just realized that I had Just Some Dork on eternal ignore on our prior server.

My mom told me not to talk to trolls when I was a little boy. fifty years later and it is still excellent advice.

Soooooooo.
A reader sent me this question:

If Just Some Guy's throat was on fire should one piss on it to put the fire out?

Answer:

No, the urine stream could possible spread the flames around. You would want to use a readily available semi-solid biological substance to smother the flames.
Happy Valentine's Day to you too, sweetheart. bawling

Posts: 475 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: 15 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
If Just Some guys throat was on fire should one piss in it to put the fire out?

Why waste perfectly good piss?

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Neverflinch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Just Some Guy:
quote:
9.3, you obviously haven't been a close study of JSG's post. Keep in mind that this is the same "guy" that thinks that Sako sent him a rifle with a broken stock. Even though the rifle had been shipped, he is absolutly sure(with no evidence mind you) that the gun was broken before it ever shipped. He can not even entertain the thought that the gun may have been damaged in transit. I guess you see where I'm going here. Some people just like to make their points heard at any cost. Take him with a grain of salt.

Well let's see which seems more reasonable, that a gun was packaged by a manufacturer, broken, or that it was damaged in transit? Have you read the posts on this thread? It seems to me guns being broken in transit is pretty common, and yet you are convinced Sako packaged it broken. Who's the dumbass? To me a dumbass would be anyone who buys a gun with a broken stock after looking at it in the first place. Maybe your dumbass broke it on the way home? Anyone who thinks it an impossibility for the gun to have been damaged in transit, is a dumbass. Next time you buy some light bulbs at the store and one is broken when you take it out of the box, make sure you send it back to the manufacturer. Because as we all know, it was surely packaged that way. What a dumbass.

"In case of a thunderstorm stand in the middle of the fairway and hold up a 1 iron, not even God can hit a 1 iron"............Lee Trevino.

Posts: 434 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: 13 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well let's see which seems more reasonable, that a gun was packaged by a manufacturer, broken, or that it was damaged in transit? Have you read the posts on this thread? It seems to me guns being broken in transit is pretty common, and yet you are convinced Sako packaged it broken. Who's the dumbass? To me a dumbass would be anyone who buys a gun with a broken stock after looking at it in the first place. Maybe your dumbass broke it on the way home? Anyone who thinks it an impossibility for the gun to have been damaged in transit, is a dumbass. Next time you buy some light bulbs at the store and one is broken when you take it out of the box, make sure you send it back to the manufacturer. Because as we all know, it was surely packaged that way. What a dumbass.
Well let's see, did you see the box in which the rifle was shipped? Nope. Did you see the damage on the stock? Nope. FYI, it's not broken. If you'd managed to pull your head out of your ass long enough to read the thread you are referencing, you would realize that the stock has a small, nearly imperceptible crack about 1-inch long from the tip of the forend aft.

Apparently the mention of Sako and Beretta make you rather emotional. And not in an appealing sort of way.

Whatever beef you have with me due to another thread has no place here. You're more than welcome to PM me and take it offline.

In short, you retain the crown of dumbass, dumbass. You can simply STFU, or continue digging a bigger hole.

one of us
Picture of Neverflinch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well let's see, did you see the box in which the rifle was shipped?

Why would I need to see the box in which the rifle was shipped? Things are broken inside boxes without damage to the box all the time. What proof is seeing the box going to give that the rifle wasn't damaged in transit?

quote:
Did you see the damage on the stock?

Why would I need to see the damage on the stock? Didn't you already say it was cracked?

quote:
Nope. FYI, it's not broken. If you'd managed to pull your head out of your ass long enough to read the thread you are referencing, you would realize that the stock has a small, nearly imperceptible crack about 1-inch long from the tip of the forend aft.

If I buy a brand new gun and the stock has crack in it, it's broken. Please show me one place in the thread I am referring to which says the stock,"has a small imperceptible crack about 1-inch long from the tip of the forend aft." Don't remember what you write? Don't know how to read? You said the forend was cracked, that's it. So since cracked is not broken, why are you even sending it back to Beretta? It's not broken is it? It's just cracked. What a friggin dumbass.

quote:
Whatever beef you have with me due to another thread has no place here. You're more than welcome to PM me and take it offline

It has every place here. I felt it my duty to point out to 9.3 what a dumbass you were, and to realize the mentality he was dealing with. The best way I knew to do that was to reference the thread we are talking about in which you once again made yourself look like a dumbass. I'm more than welcome to pm you and take it offline? I rather enjoy making you look foolish so everyone can see. If you have a problem with me you are more than welcome to pm me if you feel more comfortable making yourself look like a fool in private insted of in public.

quote:
In short, you retain the crown of dumbass, dumbass. You can simply STFU, or continue digging a bigger hole

I think it's clear to everyone who the dumbass is, and why don't you shut the fuck up.

"In case of a thunderstorm stand in the middle of the fairway and hold up a 1 iron, not even God can hit a 1 iron"............Lee Trevino.

Posts: 434 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: 13 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think it's clear to everyone who the dumbass is, and why don't you shut the fuck up.
And you have continued to dig yourself into a hole of stupidity from which there is no return. The little tirade over semantical differences is intended to prove what?

I'm going to ask you very politely AGAIN, asshole, please PM me. I look forward to handling this offline with you.

one of us
Picture of Neverflinch
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I'm going to ask you very politely AGAIN, asshole, please PM me. I look forward to handling this offline with you.

If you want me to pm you so bad, why don't you just pm me? I will be more than happy to respond to anything you ask of me. I already told you I am happy making you look like a fool in front of everyone. Are you going to do something about it?

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you want me to pm you so bad, why don't you just pm me? I will be more than happy to respond to anything you ask of me. I already told you I am happy making you look like a fool in front of everyone. Are you going to do something about it?
You are the only fool in this conversation. Since you have neither the balls nor the maturity to contact me on your own accord, I have sent you a PM. I'm looking forward to your "witty" reply.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why would I need to see the box in which the rifle was shipped? Things are broken inside boxes without damage to the box all the time. What proof is seeing the box going to give that the rifle wasn't damaged in transit?

<SNIP>

Why would I need to see the damage on the stock? Didn't you already say it was cracked?
Are you so profoundly ignorant as to have me believe that you cannot answer a yes or no question?

quote:
If I buy a brand new gun and the stock has crack in it, it's broken. Please show me one place in the thread I am referring to which says the stock,"has a small imperceptible crack about 1-inch long from the tip of the forend aft." Don't remember what you write? Don't know how to read? You said the forend was cracked, that's it. So since cracked is not broken, why are you even sending it back to Beretta? It's not broken is it? It's just cracked. What a friggin dumbass.
Careful with the dumbass moniker, dumbass. Please provide some proof of this quote.

quote:
It has every place here. I felt it my duty to point out to 9.3 what a dumbass you were, and to realize the mentality he was dealing with. The best way I knew to do that was to reference the thread we are talking about in which you once again made yourself look like a dumbass. I'm more than welcome to pm you and take it offline? I rather enjoy making you look foolish so everyone can see. If you have a problem with me you are more than welcome to pm me if you feel more comfortable making yourself look like a fool in private insted of in public.
Your "duty?" My, haven't we promoted ourselves to a rather lofty position? The fact that you continue to bring up a thread that has absolutely NO bearing on this thread says quite a lot about you. What are you, like 12?

quote:
The "f" word is always witty. Monosyllabic and simple. I'd say it suits you to a "T."

one of us
Picture of Neverflinch
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
You are the only fool in this conversation. Since you have neither the balls nor the maturity to contact me on your own accord, I have sent you a PM. I'm looking forward to your "witty" reply.

Answered

one of us
posted Hide Post
Now that everyone has aired there opinions how about we get back to the initial post. Does anyone have any constructive suggestions for lb404?

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Smith:
Now that everyone has aired there opinions how about we get back to the initial post. Does anyone have any constructive suggestions for lb404?
I don't have a clue other than to keep shaking their tree to see what falls out next. The friend of mine who had a claim with them had the means to go after them with an attorney, but that didn't seem to faze their claims department. He ultimately had another friend who was management at Federal Express get involved and pull a few strings.

One of Us
Picture of olcrip
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Neverflinch:

Neverflinch, why do lower yourself to the same level as just some dork (his portrait even shows him as a dork)? Don't you see how ignorant this moron is? He ranted and raved, cussed like a drunkin sailer and disparaged about Sako with his profanity on an international forum after he talked to Sako and they said they would make it right. Are you just another dork like this moron or just entertaining the rest of the forum? He is so stupid that he is actually funny. The tragic thing about this whole mess with this dork that no one considered is that it is over a gun! My God , who in their right mind gave this dork a gun? he's more dangerous then a Hillbilly with a credit card. He is what they were looking for in Iraq, a weapon of mass deception. Is he really a fellow American.? If so maybe I should move to the land down under with Mike375.

WOW, do you suppose he really looks like his avator picture?

If this KAKA goes on much longer you guys will have to sell tickets.

Olcrip,
Nuclear Grade UBC Ret.
NRA Life Member, December 2009

Politicians should wear Nascar Driver's jump suites so we can tell who their corporate sponsers are!

Posts: 1800 | Location: River City, USA. East of the Mississippi | Registered: 10 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fireball168
posted Hide Post
According to my neighbor, a long time brown truck driver, the amount of insurance fraud that UPS has to deal with is unbelieavable.

He strongly recommended to me, regardless of the value of the firearm/auto part, whatever, NOT to insure it for a dime over what it would "reasonably" be worth on the open market, used. It seems that they had to hire an underwriting company just to deal with all the "family heirlooms" that were being shipped with unbelievable insurance values...that arrived broken, scratched, etc., without any damage found to the outside of the box.

With that said, I'm relatively certain that some of my packages have been opened during shipment....by all three of the carriers mentioned in the previous posts. Fingerprints, banged up bluing on the back of the receiver where some jackleg tried to get the bolt in, extractors spun around on the wrong side of the bolt, scope caps missing....

So, regardless of who is the contract carrier, and who is doing the packing - if it is something special it should probably be appraised, pictures taken prior to shipment, etc. If you've got somebody you trust in the packing/shipping business - let them pack it. Give it to a truck driver(whomever) that you know, let them stick their "fragile and insured" stickers all over it and hope for the best.

I've been lucky so far, other than a fluted Krieger barrel being delivered to a local oil pipeline company by mistake....which was thrown in their machine shop as a "reamer" and lost for two weeks. When I finally got it, banged to hell, I fought it for months with no resolution and ended up selling it on Ebay(and made money).

Posts: 1332 | Location: IN | Registered: 30 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have never had a problem with UPS and they have settled several claims for me..Maybe its where you live as to policy...

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42152 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Neverflinch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olcrip:
quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Neverflinch:

Neverflinch, why do lower yourself to the same level as just some dork (his portrait even shows him as a dork)? Don't you see how ignorant this moron is? He ranted and raved, cussed like a drunkin sailer and disparaged about Sako with his profanity on an international forum after he talked to Sako and they said they would make it right. Are you just another dork like this moron or just entertaining the rest of the forum? He is so stupid that he is actually funny. The tragic thing about this whole mess with this dork that no one considered is that it is over a gun! My God , who in their right mind gave this dork a gun? he's more dangerous then a Hillbilly with a credit card. He is what they were looking for in Iraq, a weapon of mass deception. Is he really a fellow American.? If so maybe I should move to the land down under with Mike375.

WOW, do you suppose he really looks like his avator picture?

If this KAKA goes on much longer you guys will have to sell tickets.

Advice well taken.

one of us
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]
FYI, one of the members here is a postmaster (Jeff Alexander).[/QUOTE]

Big deal. From my experence most Postmasters are a waste of Government Money...

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RonsGuns:
Big deal. From my experence most Postmasters are a waste of Government Money...
Thank you for your input.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Just in case anyone is still interested in the original topic:

When shipping a valuable item (Artwork, Jewels, Firearms):

1. Have the item shipped from a reputable dealer in such goods. Do not ship it yourself. The carriers are used to handling expensive items from these dealers and they honor their insurance claims. It is worth the extra fee.

2. Ship the item for Overnight delivery. These goods are given constant attention and supervision. They do not sit in one place for more than a few minutes, preventing anyone from opening the package or abusing it. Again, it is worth the extra cost.

lb404, I'm trying to think of anything that may help your case.

Posts: 2036 | Location: Roebling, NJ 08554 | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of pepperbelly
posted Hide Post
lb404 I just read your original post again. You shipped it Fed-Ex Ground? From what I understand ground is not the same as Fed-Ex, it is run by private contractors/independant owners. I use Fed-Ex, but not ground. I think UPS Ground is the same way. That may explain why the insurance situation is so bad.
I have never had to file a claim so I might be talking out my a**, but it's worth checking into.
I have a C&R FFL and buy and trade all over the country. I have heard, about equally, stories about UPS, Fed-Ex and USPS. UPS has a reputation of opening gun boxes, with the boxes arriving empty. That doesn't happen often but it has.
I don't remember exactly when or where I read that. I have frequented many boards, and moderate one http://p223.ezboard.com/bcurioandrelicfirearmsforum,
and I don't remember which one that post was on, so consider that anectdotal evidence, or hearsay, or whatever. I have always had good luck with Fed-Ex, even the few times I sent Fed_ex Ground, but our hub may be smaller and more customer friendly than yours.
A rifle valued as highly as yours, packed the way it was packed should receive prompt attention and your gunsmith should be helpful.
Hope it works out for you,
Jim

NRA Life Member

Posts: 152 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 18 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
fedex ground is RPS rebadge.
heard through the grapevine that fedex has looked into buying the postal service.....
IB is going to try again tomorrow and with a little luck he might have some good news...
i do believe this was the original topic. take the sh!t slinging to PM's.....
woofer

if you aint' livin', you're dyin'.

Posts: 741 | Location: vermont. thanks for coming, now go home! | Registered: 05 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by woofer:
heard through the grapevine that fedex has looked into buying the postal service.....
I wasn't aware that federal agencies were for sale.