Notify
Tools

Olympic Arms Ultra Mag Action (BBK)
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of WoodHunter
posted
Anyone built a rifle with this one?

I know they are rough and take a good bit of work.

Posts: 1462 | Location: Running With The Hounds | Registered: 28 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, I did and rough is definitely the case.
Be prepared to polish and sand until your
fingers are worn out.
Good luck
Raff

Posts: 460 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 02 May 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
yes.. roughly the same size as a cz550 magnum

rough as a cob

In fact, before Les Bauska passed, he and I had several conversations on this, and other things. Steve and I as well -- it was designed to be huge with economy -

one of the few transactions that i TOOK A BEATING ON, that i was HAPPY to have seen go down the road ... Ed is real happy with it, especially for what he paid for it, it worked out for him.

sloppy bolt fit, gets worse when polished, U G L Y to start - and won't get much better

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38613 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of WoodHunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
yes.. roughly the same size as a cz550 magnum

rough as a cob

In fact, before Les Bauska passed, he and I had several conversations on this, and other things. Steve and I as well -- it was designed to be huge with economy -

one of the few transactions that i TOOK A BEATING ON, that i was HAPPY to have seen go down the road ... Ed is real happy with it, especially for what he paid for it, it worked out for him.

sloppy bolt fit, gets worse when polished, U G L Y to start - and won't get much better

Yes it appears economical. My CZ's certainly look better.

I got it years ago at a gun show, it came along with a trade and I tossed in the back of the storage room. Like a sleeping dog it was forgotten and undisturbed for many years. Found it yesterday as I was rummaging through the M98s to pick a good action for my 9.3x62 build.

Might be a good winter project to ease the boredom.

Bolt fit is surprisingly tight, better than many M98's. The guy on the bench assembling actions must must have juggle parts to obtain a good fit.

I do like the simple Timney trigger and safety as compared to the CZ.

Posts: 1462 | Location: Running With The Hounds | Registered: 28 April 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
I had a 505 built on one that continued to have various problems until I discovered that the trigger, sear and safety had not been properly ( if at all) heat treated. Once I had them treated and refit correctly it turned out to be a pretty nice using rifle.

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4202 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote