Notify
Tools

Sleeving a barrels threads
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by duikerman:

Malm is not always right here either. It's been shown several times as well.

Prove it Duikerman, show me where I am wrong.

And for you tiggertate, the usage of the word "bubba" is a term coined by many, including your own group to reference among other things, those who tend to butcher guns. Someone who would knowingly glue a bushing on a smooth cylinder surface and then thread it to to fit a high power firearm is a "Bubba". He may not be one of your bubba's, but a bubba he is none the less.

What's the diveboss PM reference???

Posts: 1374 | Registered: 06 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchlambert:
fyj,
I don't have a dog in this fight. I just want to know where Pat's friend can find a $300 Remington action in Midway and where can you get a $60 barrel in 6.5x284 ready to screw on? $60 will fill my Duramax diesel.
Butch

Butch,

Try page 700 (boy is that a coincidence) in Midawy’s dealer catalog for the action. Actually I lied, it’s only $299.99! Smiler

And Page 454 of the same catalog shows A&B barrel blanks for $68.99. Sorry, I was $8.99 off on that, but you owe me a penny on the action so it’s only $8.98 cents off, and I guess what I meant to say was that a new barrel blank could be threaded and chambered to fit the action he already had. Sorry, my error for not stating it that way.

My point was that there were other, not to mention safer, ways to accomplish getting an action barreled other than what was done.

Posts: 466 | Location: South West USA | Registered: 11 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tiggertate:
And, malm, you've been a prick ever since your "diveboss" PM.

Hey Tiggertate, is this the PM exchange you were referring to? Yeah I can see where I was a real prick... Roll Eyes

-------------------------------------------------

tiggertate

Posted 17 March 2006 21:54 Hide Post
Well, sort of. I made a tongue-in-cheek comment about scuba divers being "bubble blowers" (reference point being my years as a commercial diver using hard-hat gear).

"Dive boss" and I had a lively (and friendly) discussion of the relative degrees of testosterone required for each. It was private email\... were you the one?

We Band of Bubbas

-------------------------------------------------

malm

Posted 17 March 2006 22:10 Hide Post
That would have been me and I vaguely remember an exchange somewhat like that. Sooo, are you doing any diving for fun or otherwise?

Good to talk to you.

Malm

one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas to you too, you malm. As I said later, I over reacted to your shot at bubbas and tried to pull that comment but lightening-fingered fyj relpied while I was deleting it.

It was the earlier "lively" PM you sent a year or two before that one that was the reference souce. You took me to task for a comment about scuba divers that wasn't directed at you.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas to you guys.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My buddy has been rescued from the pits of gunsmithing Hades.. You good people, and your varied responses caused him serious reconsideration of his methodology. A couple of sleepless nights were thrown in as well!

The sleeve threaded peashooter was never fired. He did give the finished weapon more than a casual glance after viewing this thread.
Ultimately, good thinking prevailed and he cut the tenon off and started over. He now has a 6.5x284 chambered in a most conventional and boring manner.. So, no unexpected excitment, no impending doom from his quarters, just a measley little kaboom..... Now we all must seek refuge back in our knarly shells until the next untimely version of "Gunsmiths (or is that Bubbas, lol) gone wild." I can hardly wait !!

Thanks all..
Pat

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pat B.:
My buddy has been rescued from the pits of gunsmithing Hades.. You good people, and your varied responses caused him serious reconsideration of his methodology. A couple of sleepless nights were thrown in as well!

The sleeve threaded peashooter was never fired. He did give the finished weapon more than a casual glance after viewing this thread.
Ultimately, good thinking prevailed and he cut the tenon off and started over. He now has a 6.5x284 chambered in a most conventional and boring manner.. So, no unexpected excitment, no impending doom from his quarters, just a measley little kaboom..... Now we all must seek refuge back in our knarly shells until the next untimely version of "Gunsmiths (or is that Bubbas, lol) gone wild." I can hardly wait !!

Thanks all..
Pat

Good deal! thumb

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
FYJ, you can add me to your ignore list anytime you'd like! FYJ!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pat B.:

Thanks all..
Pat

Pat,

Your friend obviously has some very good machining skills so I’m sure his re-do will be something that will work fine for him, and he won’t have to always be wondering when and if its going to come apart on him. thumb

Posts: 466 | Location: South West USA | Registered: 11 December 2006Reply With Quote