Find
Notify
Tools

New Italian-Made 98 Mauser Actions
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted
Some interesting new Italian-made 98 Mauser actions are available now from Legacy Sports International (www.legacysports.com). They are machined from investment castings, have integral grooved double square bridges, adjustable triggers, M-70 type safeties and hinged straddle trigger guards and floorplates, all steel. The best part is the price: They are now running a promotion for $275 (regular $445) plus $7.50 shipping to FFL holders. I haven't seen one up close but the pictures look nice. For that price and those features, I think I'll order one and see.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I WONDER IF THESE ARE THE SAME ONE'S aLEX IMPORT'S IS SELLING? iF THEY ARE THE LITERATURE SAY'S FORGED THEM WORKED BY CNC MACHINE'S. Also say's made from Swedish steel, but doesn't say from what alloy. I bought three of the Armor international about a year ago and two of the Global (Italian) this winter. I feel both are a very good value for the money, considering you couldn't buy the part's to convert a military action for the money. The Global had a better finish between the two. They need to be smoothed up some they are a little stiff. It wouldn't take much work to have something really nice.

Posts: 67 | Location: Eddington,Maine, | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
I have heard that the Italian actions are made from forgings coming from China. Does anyone have any more insite into this?

I did order two of the stripped 98 bolts from Alex Imports. One of them was ok but the other was over ground on one of the lugs. I called Alex & he exchanged it. The replacement bolt left a lot to be desired.
Check out my post in the Gunsmithing section about these bolts!

------------------
NRA Life member

[This message has been edited by Bear Claw (edited 02-25-2002).]

Posts: 8346 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
<Pfeifer>
posted
fla3006,
Please keep us posted on this action. Have you ordered yours yet? How long does this promotional sale run? Sounds like a deal given that is has a three position cocking piece safety as well! The website said that they will/do sell rings as well for their rifle - Same as sako or CZ style???

Jeff P