Notify
Tools

LEVER ACTION TO IMPROVE ACCURACY
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of BER007
posted
Hi All,

I have 2 Marlin lever action rifles. One in 30/30 and one in .444.

The trigger job has been done to reduce trigger pull.

I have seen on brockmansrifles website a Recrown Barrel. I just qonder what is this job mean for a Lever rifle.

An other question what more jobs can be made to improve accuracy of these rifles.

Thanks in advance for you input.

------------------
BER007
Keep the faith in any circumstances
------------------------
BBER007@HOTMAIL.COM

Posts: 831 | Location: BELGIUM | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BER007:
[B]Hi All,

I have 2 Marlin lever action rifles. One in 30/30 and one in .444.

The trigger job has been done to reduce trigger pull.

I have seen on brockmansrifles website a Recrown Barrel. I just qonder what is this job mean for a Lever rifle.

An other question what more jobs can be made to improve accuracy of these rifles.

Thanks in advance for you input.

BER007/ I have had mixed sucess with lever guns by opening the barrel channel inside the forearm to make sure it isn't touching the barrel except at the front hanger attachment or barrel ring and if the barrel ring for the forearm is too tight on the barrel and forearm to relieve it some...some forearms don't mate well with the action and bear unevenly and checking the fit there often helps and as to recrowning ...it helps some bad factory jobs or old guns but hasn't helped newer guns with smooth feeling bore exit at the muzzle.........most accuracy improvement is from the trigger work you had done and handloading to find a load the gun shoots better than factory ammo and again it is hit or miss with some of the lever guns but they sure carry well and are fun to shoot....good luck and good shooting!!!

Posts: 687 | Location: Jackson/Tenn/Madison | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The best thing you can do on any lever action is glass bed the forend and the butt stock, that will normally give you the most dramatic improvement in accuracy...Works on Marlin 336, Sav. 99's and Win. Mod. 94's....just like on bolt actions...

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 41892 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote