Find
Notify
Tools

MRC PH ....Finally Done!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MontanaJeff
posted
OK Guys, I know many of you have been stressing out about this project, and rightly so, not going to disagree with you. But, the first two were just completed and we finished proof testing on them. Please go to our new website to see pictures www.montanarifleco.com Please don't expect everyone to get theirs right away. Now that we know everything is good to go we can "pull the trigger" on the rest of the manufacturing. Please be a little more patient as we are putting this project as top priority in the shop and we will try to put together a list of the orders so you should know when yours will be shipped when you call. give me a few days to put that together, obviously I have other things to focus on.
Jeff

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!
I know it's been a long road glad you were able to stick with it.
Good luck on getting some product out there and I hope business is brisk.

Michael J

Michael J

Posts: 485 | Location: Lakewood Colorado | Registered: 17 February 2008Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Hope it all works out!

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post

Wow! You didn't tell us they came in 223 jumping

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11142 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Let me know when you get some shelf stock of stainless PH actions. patriot

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I might buy one then too, although I've sworn off making any more rifles.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rub Line
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MontanaJeff:
OK Guys, I know many of you have been stressing out about this project, and rightly so, not going to disagree with you. But, the first two were just completed and we finished proof testing on them. Please go to our new website to see pictures www.montanarifleco.com Please don't expect everyone to get theirs right away. Now that we know everything is good to go we can "pull the trigger" on the rest of the manufacturing. Please be a little more patient as we are putting this project as top priority in the shop and we will try to put together a list of the orders so you should know when yours will be shipped when you call. give me a few days to put that together, obviously I have other things to focus on.
Jeff

Great news Jeff!

-----------------------------------------------------

Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like him. Proverbs 26-4

National Rifle Association Life Member

Posts: 1992 | Location: WI | Registered: 28 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Finally... two stainless PH's off the drawing boards and in the works!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Got 700 H 3.25 in PH- setup thumbhole stock temporarily as
a singleshot to test. Fired test load of 825gr at
3000 fps. 65,000 psi. Extracted ok.1st fired outside factory.
Now it is strong and safe, as I set up the third bearing
bolt lug on the heavy bolt handle base. Shear rating
of all 3 lugs about 56,000 lbs. Test load thrust 21,000 lbs.
Normal max loads for 700H in PH will be 825gr
at 2850 and 1000gr at 2700.Hunting loads about 24-2500.
I will get the mag parts built next few weeks to hold
700 cases singlestack with 2 down, one in chamber.
Second picture shows couple of my 585HEs in mag to check
feed. They fed up into the reciever ok with just a little
work on the mag box and ramp.Ed

MZEE WA SIKU

Posts: 27742 | Registered: 03 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jeff,
Gotta ask, when do you expect to have any left handed actions?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MontanaJeff
posted Hide Post
Snowwolfe,
Sorry I didn't respond sooner. Don't expect the LH's right away. My main goal right now is to get ALL the RH's out and then start into the LH. However, as everyone knows, this project has been a nightmare as far as timing so I am not even going to announce the LH's until I have one finished in my hands. Then I'll let people know they are rolling out.
Jeff

One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
Jeff,

I will order 2 of the LH's when you get them, please keep us informed.

Ed

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Working on the singlestack mag. Decided on using a
ready made singlestack mag for 12ga, fitted in the
PH mag box. That way feed lips are already done
as my 700 is similiar size diametr as 12ga.
here is picture of bottom of PH.You can see it
is big and mag box could be made longer if
needed like for long 12ga FH.I' am also doing my 585HE
on same action to test it, check feeding, by switching
barrels, mag box,extractor etc. I bought extra parts for that
thus leaving another PH for them to get to someone
else to get started quicker.Ed

MZEE WA SIKU

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The real question is; when is everyone else who ordered and paid for these actions going to get theirs? bewildered

one of us
posted Hide Post
They are shipping them as fast as they can
get them finished and tested.I know it
is a frustrating wait, but it is been worth
the wait I feel as it is great action for
big cases.Ed

MZEE WA SIKU

one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
I understand your enthusiasm Ed, but so far you seem to be the sole person in possesion. First two proofed June 23, your rifle chambered and stocked by July 5. Fast work, shipping included. This is August 4. I wonder how many more have been shipped in the last 30 days?

Posts: 11142 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The first ones are supposed to be the 505 gibbs only, then the "magnums", and then the rigby bolt faces. I ordered a Rigby bolt face and was told 3-4 more months from now.

It is strange that we are not seeing anybody post pics of their actions except this one.

Posts: 952 | Location: Mass | Registered: 14 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeoffM24
It is strange that we are not seeing anybody post pics of their actions except this one.

My point exactly. I've usually been the patient one but when the letters came out months back, my order confirmation listed two Rigby-faced actions when in fact, my order was ammended over a year ago and confirmed twice before parts were cast, for two 505 actions.

None of my emails requesting clarification were returned. It stinks of stalling actions, IMO.

I am the first to understand and accept production delays but I don't care for the mushroom treatment.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know nothing about PH rifles. I see (and have read) they come without any sort of machining for a scope. Does the customer have that done himself? Do these big guns use a special kind of scope that requires a massive mount that the usual 1-inch or 30mm scopes don't use? I'm curious...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by homebrewer:
I know nothing about PH rifles. I see (and have read) they come without any sort of machining for a scope. Does the customer have that done himself? Do these big guns use a special kind of scope that requires a massive mount that the usual 1-inch or 30mm scopes don't use? I'm curious...

The thought is that many times you only use iron sights on a real big bore. If scopes are used, claw mounts are often used. If you want talleys or weaver mounts you can just have it drilled and tapped.

Posts: 952 | Location: Mass | Registered: 14 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeoffM24:
quote:
Originally posted by homebrewer:

The thought is that many times you only use iron sights on a real big bore. If scopes are used, claw mounts are often used. If you want talleys or weaver mounts you can just have it drilled and tapped.

Most people would have the square bridges machined to accept one of the quick-release ring types or have claw mounts built in. Any scope with enough tube length to span the bridges would work. In a few rare cases an owner may have one or both bridges milled off to appear more conventional.