Find
Notify
Tools

M-1917 Sporters
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Terry-

Your complements are much appreciated!!! BTW, Friends, please be advised that our own TC1 assisted me with the wood selection; it is Turkish walnut acquired from Denli with the great eye for picking blanks provided by Terry.

Terry, yes, this rifle has had as many incarnations as your 9.3. Big Grin

May the wind be in your face and the sun at your back.

P. Mark Stark

Posts: 1323 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
tin can

4 or 5 in the mag depending how you make it.
1917 bolt opened face up re shape extractor make cocking piece for cock on open . set mil trigger 3.5 pounds no takeup. slanted mag made from p14. p17 ejector re shape. open rails lower ramp and open ejection port front and rear. weld up duck pond grind off ears angle mill rear drill and tap parkerize plus all the stuff I cant recall now

all this to a 75 dollar action.

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

Posts: 1624 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
appreciated, thanks.

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Friends-

Update on M-1917 Sporter in .300 H&H.

It shoots, too:

May the wind be in your face and the sun at your back.

P. Mark Stark

Posts: 1323 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Heres a pic of one of my 1917's. I'm in the process of working on the stock. I got a rough turned stock from a fellow AR member. I still have a long ways to go.

I may just keep it 30-06. I am also having a winchester being made into a 416rem right now.

A lesson in irony

The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing this year the greatest amount of free Meals and Food Stamps ever, to 46 million people.

Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us... "Please Do Not Feed the Animals." Their stated reason for the policy is because "The animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."

Thus ends today's lesson in irony.

Posts: 1626 | Location: Michigan but dreaming of my home in AK | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote