Notify
Tools

W.S. Glodzik, gunsmith
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone know of this gent? See

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=68315606

I like Krag sporters and will probably bid on this one - long barrel and mint bore are attractive.

Posts: 1233 | Registered: 25 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Never heard of him,but the price for this gun is way out of line i think. It looks to have had a peep sight on it,and those pachmayr mounts and rings are junk,and not reliable as well. Work probably done in the late 1950 or 1960- due to the style of the rings and mounts. good luck

Posts: 442 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, I agree it is pricey, but I have a Lyman 48 staff for it and unlike you I am fond of the Pachmayr swing mount, have had them on sevreal rifles over the decades without problems.

one of us
Picture of Idared
posted Hide Post
quote:
I like Krag sporters and will probably bid on this one

**For the Krag collector who has nearly everything.** Wink

Seriously vigillinus, I like it. About the only thing I would have liked to see is a trap buttplate to hold the Lyman 48 staff while the scope is being used. Otherwise it is a very interesting piece IMHO.

"We do not exaggerate when we state positively that the remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable "all 'round" rifle".......Seymour Griffin, GRIFFIN & HOWE, Inc.

Posts: 845 | Location: Central Washington State | Registered: 12 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Because of the white spacers I suspect the stock began life semi inletted from Bishop, Fajen or Herters.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I got that rifle for $300, I would feel like I got burned. Smiler

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote