New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weatherby Accumark Trigger ??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I want to replace the Weatherby trigger with a Timney trigger. I like a 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 lb trigger. I also find with the factory trigger there is to much over travel. Has anyone else done this and if so was there much of an approvement

One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
Nothing wrong with the factory trigger. They are fairly easy to get to break at 2.5 lbs. A clean, consistant and jar free 1.5 lb pull isn't out of the realm with these triggers when properly reworked. And if you have a light touch, you won't notice any over travel.

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Heat
posted Hide Post
I have no problems or issues with my Accumark trigger. I have it set fairly light but not to the sub 3 lb range. They can be "worked" to lessen the pull as well as the overtravel... Make no mistake however, the Timney triggers are EXCELLENT....

Ken....

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so. " - Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5386 | Location: Phoenix Arizona | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Boar Hunter
posted Hide Post
I have a good trigger on my Accumark set to 3 lbs. I think it would be cheaper and easier to have the MKV trigger reworked than installing a Timney.

John

Posts: 1343 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 15 January 2006Reply With Quote