THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Remington ADL trigger guard/Jewell trigger relief cut?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington ADL trigger guard/Jewell trigger relief cut?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Gentlemen,
I installed a Jewell HVR trigger with bolt release and RH safety in my Remington 40XB-KS. I noticed, however, that the ADL style aluminum trigger guard would not allow proper functioning of the bolt release. As I have a new Williams CNC ADL stainless trigger guard for this rifle, I filed away enough material on the aluminum factory unit for it to work properly. My question is what is needed to be done to the aftermarket ADL trigger guard to allow the bolt release to work? Other than the ugly do it yourself job like I did. Would greatly appreciate your input. Regards, Matt.

Posts: 525 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 26 January 2001Reply With Quote
<Gary Rihn>
posted
Matt-

I've had good results using a Dremel with a small metal cylinder shaped bit (not the sanding drum). Clamp the guard down on it's side, and slowly open up the inside edges with the Dremel. If you do it correctly, you will have a straight line. Touch it up with a black magic marker (it's on the inside edge & hard to see anyway), and you're set.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Gary,
I'll give the dremel a try. Thanks for the tip. Regards, Matt.

Posts: 525 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 26 January 2001Reply With Quote