THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for someone to do Ruger SA work?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted
Simple stuff like change a grip frame and maybe trigger job,check a new cylinder, etc..
Doesnt have to be a full time licensed gunsmith...
Thanks dancing

"That's not a knife..THIS is a KNIFE" !

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Tom, is it stainless? are you prepping my new pistola?

lonestar armory
j

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Has to be a licensed one if you are sending it to him. And you can't mail a handgun. Has to go ups or fed ex and ups has an internal policy of overnight or second day; usually better to get a dealer to priority mail it. Cheaper I mean.

Posts: 17294 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
It is all stainless... shipping via ffl is no problem ..I do know about the proper way for handguns...
Want to remove the Birdshead grip frame,triggernand hammer and replace with Bisley frame and guts..and a unfluted cylinder swap...
Thanks Guys! tu2
jumping

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Changing out parts would be super simple, but you’ll want the new grip frame to be fitted, which requires some finishing work- filing, sanding etc. Not a lot of hobbyists up for that task, and as previously stated, the law cuts out the hobbyist. I would recommend Gary Reeder’s shop in Flagstaff, AZ. They do full custom guns, but they also do piecemeal work as well. Their website contains a price sheet for such work. You might try posting this question on the Rugerform dot com or singleactions dot com gunsmithing sections.

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3293 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try Alan Harton in Sharpstown, TX

Posts: 768 | Location: Corrales, New Mexico | Registered: 03 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by squeezenhope:
Try Alan Harton in Sharpstown, TX

Alan is close to retirement. He told me that he has turned his attention to colts until then. He is very backlogged. It wouldn’t hurt to ask him though. There are none better, for sure.

Matt
FISH!!

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3293 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I heard John Powers moved to Louisiana. He is a master the likes of Harton. He is now in Duson Louisiana.

https://powersmetalworks.com/

Matt
FISH!!

One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
Thank Guys!
What I'm looking for I think is very simple yet out of my talent reach ...so a handy guy to swap grip frames with a little fitting and hammer/trigger swap works for me...anybody like that..???

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SAFARIKID:
Thank Guys!
What I'm looking for I think is very simple yet out of my talent reach ...so a handy guy to swap grip frames with a little fitting and hammer/trigger swap works for me...anybody like that..???

Just send it to Jack
You know he'll take care of you

Posts: 802 | Location: Palomino Valley, NV | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
I am...we been chatting all week..
I just hated bothering him for something so simple but now we will go "deeper" with it! jumping

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good

Posts: 802 | Location: Palomino Valley, NV | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote