New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stock duplication
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am looking for someone that will tackle duplicating a mannlicher lenght stock. So far the last outfit I tried sent me back firewood.
I have a blank and a pattern altho the pattern is in a sporter lenght I know it can be done as I have seen one cut before altho the guy is now retired..
Just need to find the right guy. Confused

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1510 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
If i were still doing these, my first questions would be how long is the pattern, and how long do you want the resulting stock ...

but, man, it's not a pattern if it has to be built from sport to long

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38608 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would locate someone that has a close pattern to what your looking for, lots of stockmakers have a cornacopia of pattern stocks...I make a pattern by hand from a blank of less expensive wood, then glass it to my gun and send it to be copied to my pattern..I keep all those patterns and just glass them to fit when needed again to have a like stock turned..I have a half dozen patterns for Savage 99s, Pre 64 win. and Mauser 98 Large ring and small ring, anything else I just whittle.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41976 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ray
I think your right I have been looking at it the wrong way. I believe I will take your advise and work on a better pattern
The problem is there are no full lenght patterns for this rifle.

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1510 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Richards will make a full stock on a CNC if the action is one that they have in the database. You can choose from a large variety of stock shapes and wood. The forend will be way too heavy and squarish (I think they do that to avoid breakage) but with a lot of elbow grease you can use it. The other problem is they don't offer much in the way of barrel channels but again that you can do yourself.
If there were an easy way to post photos I would post one of a Mauser 98 small ring FL stock they cut for me from my wood. The action fit was nearly perfect. The barrel channel/forend took a lot of work.

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2928 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
macon did a mannlicher m1 carbine for me a while back. they may dup one or have one that is close.

Posts: 6440 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote