THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Page 1 2 

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's the longest .22 rf barrel available?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You know Fury01...you’re right!

I offer my humble apology for offending all the inbreds out there that shoot at birds intermixed with people on lawns and hunt “urban tigers†to get their jollies.

That was very unthoughtful, and intolerant of me!

CRYBABY

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LongDistanceOperator
posted Hide Post
The barrels are here. Holy cow they're heavy. They're 34" long, with 1.050"-.950" taper and octagon cross-section. I'll have them recountoured. I just got a Bridgeport Mill, so may do something kooky like build a bullpup stock with free floating action for the "Acme Armadillo Annhililator" Big Grin

Posts: 7516 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fury, he is not the only one offended by your story. You strike me as stupid (despite your degrees - a testimony to being able to pass tests), very careless with firearms and have a total disregard for animals. I wonder how your brother distinguished between stray cats and dogs and those of his neighbors. Anyone who would not only do what you did from a high perch in an apartment with other people sunbathing nearby and then tell the story as if it was nothing, would certainly not be welcome in any hunting camp of mine. I would rather you never hold a firearm.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Fury01
posted Hide Post
I guess then I will apologize to any offended then and reiterate that my original post made it clear shooting starlings on the lawn with people present was a foolish thing to do. I will also make clear that most folks know their neighbors pets and the area strays and it is not hard to tell the difference but you would have to ask my brother as I don’t generally speak for others. I also try to not make a habit of broadly generalizing about folks I don’t know personally. I will also tell any whom care to know that my Urban Tiger hunting or stray cat shooting was in response to my private property being overrun with flea infested, Pink eye infected, and un-vaccinated strays, the population of which was being expanded at an exponential rate by people who would not take care of their animals, one of which killed my daughters licensed, vaccinated, home sitting on the front porch step pet cat. We did not have at that place or time a government sponsored or sanctioned solution to the problem so I exercised my right to defend my property and did the sick stray cats a favor I would think. However, my doing being called into question is understandable as this is a free country and that is fine with me. I am sure that there are many whom do understand the problem and the solution. I hope that explanation suffices to briefly summarize the situation but in any case, I leave it here, quite content with the facts, my responses to them, my own hunting camp and my right to Keep and Bear Arms.

"The liberty enjoyed by the people of these states of worshiping Almighty God agreeably to their conscience, is not only among the choicest of their blessings, but also of their rights."
~George Washington - 1789

Posts: 2135 | Location: Where God breathes life into the Amber Waves of Grain and owns the cattle on a thousand hills. | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote