New
Find
Notify
Tools

Venter trailers in the US
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone used the small Venter trailers here in the US? They seem like a very handy size and they are everywhere in South Africa?

Posts: 309 | Location: WV | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I do not know if they were Venters, but I saw a lot of cool, very useful trailers in Zimbabwe, my PH used one.

They worked very well off road as well.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
I'm also looking for that type of trailer here in the US, primarily to pull behind my jeep. I took pictures of a couple of ones at a camp I was hunting in Zimbabwe. [URL= ][IMG] [/URL]

Everything I've found in the US, looking on the internet, is outrageously overpriced. There's one with the tent that you pitch on top of the trailer - astronomical price. I've seen a few rolling around, but I can't believe enough people would pay that to keep a place in business. You can buy a decent travel trailer for that, or buy out the camping section at REI.

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I found a dealer in North Carolina on line. Not sure if they are still in business, trying to get through.
Id love to have the one in the pic here.

Posts: 309 | Location: WV | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
These beggars knock up really good trailers, custom built to the buyer's specs. Just a pity that they are on the wrong side of the pond.

http://www.getawaytrailers.co.za/

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote