New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sachs snowmobile engine: vehicle or ultralight
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have five assorted singles of the 290 series and a 336. These were intended for an ultralight aircraft conversion but the original use was snowmobile and small vehicles capable of running off a jury-rigged drive train or snowmobile mechanism. Ditto for generator or other power source applications. They require a routine overhaul. One has a starter as well as pull starter. Very strong old German motor last made in the late 70's but parts available from ka-razzzy people in Minn. and a large shop in Green Bay, wisc. I was going to freeze treat and ceramic coat these as was worthwhile but have no time as am tied up with other work. I also have a couple disassembled earlier Yamaha 440's with non-electronic ignition. These were also used in ultralights and licensed heavier homebuilts.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I would think you'd have no difficulty selling these on E-bay.

Posts: 3478 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Very strong old German motor last made in the late 70's but parts available from ka-razzzy people in Minn. and a large shop in Green Bay, Wisc.

I have a two-cylinder JLO-Rockwell engine displacing 430cc. I want to build an adult-sized go-kart under it. Can you clue me as to who these nuts are in MN?

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Please scrap those babies. It's a bad sign if thirty six years later you can still remember the model number of an engine you were constantly buying parts for. SA2440C with supposedly 95 Hp @ 9500 rpm. When it did go I never got beat by a stock engine but, it took three years to get 450 miles on a 71 skiroule. The snow flap on the back said "you just been skirouled"

Posts: 94 | Location: Hastings, Mn | Registered: 08 January 2006Reply With Quote