Find
Notify
Tools

Dodge pickup
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted
Opening page of my internet today had a picture of a new Dodge . . . What they called a pickup.
Abomination came to mind.
I even went to try to open it in case it was a joke. Story would not open so I could not check it out.

Some folks will wilt over it and snap it off the dealers lot.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4227 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
The Ram 700? Yeah, a weird looking little thing kinda like the Honda Ridgeline. Could be handy for soccer moms and city dwellers looking for a little versatility, but I'll keep my old 2500 diesel for real truck duties. Unless of course I win the lotto and buy a Ram Rebel TRX. Smiler

Posts: 3291 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DesertRam:
The Ram 700? Yeah, a weird looking little thing kinda like the Honda Ridgeline. Could be handy for soccer moms and city dwellers looking for a little versatility, but I'll keep my old 2500 diesel for real truck duties. Unless of course I win the lotto and buy a Ram Rebel TRX. Smiler

Kind of like a 4-door Subaru Brat?

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14368 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that Ram 700 is No Bueno!

I'll stick to my Cummins 2500 4WD!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's probably about the toughest, meanest dodge vehicle that I have ever seen. I wonder if it can compete with their diesel trucks?

Heck, I am thinking that you could fit a couple of 12 packs in the bed.

Posts: 2640 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TomP:
quote:
Originally posted by DesertRam:

Kind of like a 4-door Subaru Brat?

Pretty much. Like Jason said, a couple 12-packs of lite beer and it'd be squatting. Heck, I could commute in that thing and then stop at the feed store. Wonder if it'd fit a few sacks of feed or a bale of hay. Smiler

Posts: 3291 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I haven't been to the dealership in years. I would be afraid to see what a new Dodge (full size 1/2 or 3/4 T.) would be going for.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
I haven't been to the dealership in years. I would be afraid to see what a new Dodge (full size 1/2 or 3/4 T.) would be going for.

Me neither, but I have the impression that it's scary numbers. And while I'm not certain about this, I think the electronics have to be functional to drive one of them, not like an older 12-valve Cummins.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14368 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I miss my 57 Chevy Apache P.U. w/ the straight 6 + my 64 Chevy P.U. w/ the 283. Also a 66 F-100 w/ a straight 6. I could afford to buy them + maintain them. That can't be said today. My only Chrysler product owned back then was a 67 Barraccuda slant 6.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Me neither, but I have the impression that it's scary numbers.

Yes it is.

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TomP:
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:

Me neither, but I have the impression that it's scary numbers. And while I'm not certain about this, I think the electronics have to be functional to drive one of them, not like an older 12-valve Cummins.

Yup!! Zombie Apocalypse Rig

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7594 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
quote:
Me neither, but I have the impression that it's scary numbers.

Yes it is.

I can tell you exactly what it is since I bought a brand new 2500 Ram, Off Road Package, 4WD, Cummins, 4 door about 6 months ago. The price was a lot less than I expected to be honest, at least in the trim package I got. In fact, it was almost exactly $11,000 more than I paid for the same package 17 years ago in my 2004 Ram that I drove for 450,000 miles with less than $8,000 total spent on repairs over that period, $3,500 of that being replacement of fuel injectors at 350,000 miles!!

I've put 15,000 miles on the new truck in six months already. Holy Crap!! I seem to live in my trucks. I even managed to get it stuck so bad on a job site that the tow truck that came to pull us out got stuck as well and I had to get a second tow truck to pull us both out. I put a 12,000 lb winch on it the following day as there was a tree about 40 feet in front of me when I got it stuck! I'll probably never need it again now!

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
I even managed to get it stuck so bad on a job site that the tow truck that came to pull us out got stuck as well and I had to get a second tow truck to pull us both out.

rotflmo clap

Sorry Todd, but I know what you mean. I've been stuck in a four wheel drive truck only twice, up to the doors. Both times I had to have a caterpillar pull me out! Not funny at the time, but funny now! Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
In the early 70s I had a 68 Chevy P.U. / drum brakes. (well duh). We went out cutting firewood in the middle of winter. We had to drive across (through) the river to get to the other side. Yep, the old county road went into the river + came out the other side, you just drove across the river bottom. Well, when we were coming back from cutting wood, my brakes were still wet + we hit that river hard + fast; enough to throw water up to the distributor cap,etc. so here we sat, half way across the river in the dead of winter with a bed full of firewood. I bump hit the ignition which caused it to plow forward a foot at a time until we got close enough to the other side that Lloyd was able to crawl out onto the hood + jump to the road/bank + walk back to his place + get his tractor, come back + tow me back. It took 1 full day with hemostats + cotton balls to get all the water out of the plugs, points, dist. cap, etc.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a lot of respect for MOPAR's . A friend had a 70's power wagon that he managed to roll down a 50 foot embankment on the American River in Coloma CA.

Took two Peterbilt tow trucks to pull him out ...Wasn't a piece of glass left and not a single undamaged panel , but they put it upright and he simply drove it away.

I have a 2017 Ram Diesel....Bulletproof near as I can tell. Warne winch never used except to pull critters up a tree to easily skin/break down

Posts: 3453 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Last Power Wagon I bought; a 67. 8000 pound Braden winch will not only pull critters up a tree; it will pull the truck up a tree.
251 flathead 6.

Posts: 17102 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Last Dodge I bought; WC63. 1.5 ton. 1943
Braden PTO winch

Posts: 17102 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tom, my compliments. You have some lovely toys!

One of Us
Picture of nvmichael
posted Hide Post
What I have read, looks like the Ram 700 won't be for sale in the US.

Posts: 1071 | Location: NV | Registered: 27 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
Last Power Wagon I bought; a 67. 8000 pound Braden winch will not only pull critters up a tree; it will pull the truck up a tree.
251 flathead 6.

Dpcd:

That is one amazing vehicle you have. A friend of mine just bought (maybe two months back) one just like it. I believe it’s the same year. As far as I know, it’s all original and little to no rust (which is rare here in Utah for older vehicles). He paid $10k for it which I thought was a great price.

Posts: 2640 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote