New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tonneau Covers
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am looking at Tonneau Covers for my 5.5 ft bed F-150.

Anyone have thoughts on

retrax powertrax pro mx

gator mx

Any other tonneau cover recommendations would be appreciated.

Using mainly so I can safety store my guns back and forth to the gun range. Has to be easy to use, lockable and secure.

Thanks,

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
I went with an extang tri-fold on my GMC pick-up for much the same reasons you mentioned as it was the best compromise. Five years in I'm still happy with it.

With the tailgate locked it's reasonably secure. I can carry two dead deer on top of it. It can be removed in five minutes and put back on in less than ten by one person. It's substantially rain proof; I've gone through car washes with gun cases in the back and they remained dry.

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
I have the retrax pro on my GMC and LOVE IT

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought a retrax pro and bedslider along with linex-spray. Should all be done in mid June after I get back into town.

I may buy some x-large tuffpacks to carry the guns in and secured to the bedslider.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote