Find
Notify
Tools

Worth it?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Gentlemen,
I am thinking about buying a used 2001 Honda Foreman 450-500 (forgot which), ES, winch, about 4500 miles, needs some work with the racks and plastic, for $3500. What are your thoughts? I have driven it rather hard on a hunting trip into the mountians, so I am familiar with the bike, I am just wondering if that price is reasonable? Thanks for your interest.
Graham

Posts: 264 | Location: Northern BC, Canada | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a 1996 300 honda that is 2wd. I turned down 3K for it last year. For some reason good used quads are expensive if they have been taken care of. Price a new one then make an offer is what I would do.

Keep yer powder dry and yer knife sharp.

Posts: 582 | Location: Texas City, TX. USA. | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply. A friend who is casually considering an upgrade mentioned that he was thinking of selling his Foreman 500 ES. It has only 350 miles or so, comes with a winch, aftermarket tires, grip warmers, and a couple other goodies I can't remember. He is not sure if he will actually sell, but is asking near new price. I know he takes excellent care of his equipment, so it will be a lot better machine even if it is twice the price of the one I mentioned earlier.
Thanks again for the response.
Graham

Posts: 264 | Location: Northern BC, Canada | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Graham,
I think that price is very reasonable. I have a friend who had one a year older and he sold it for close to that price.

Posts: 344 | Location: Pocatello, Idaho | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With Quote