Tools

Ford Bronco - I want one
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Tom, what a righteous collection! tu2

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
There are more; come on over and you can drive some.

Posts: 17107 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Went by the dealer today to inquire why no one ever called me back in 8 weeks.

Was told my order has been placed but ford has not entered it into their build order book.

I asked why no calls or deposits or anything.

The salesman sold any unconverted pre orders will be easily sold.

They had a few broncos on the the lot for customers to pick up.

It’s crazy buying a car in 2021 - 87 percent of cars/trucks sold at sticker price in the us.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MeMe
posted Hide Post
My BIL ordered a Bronco quite a while back. They told him it SHOULD be ready by Christmas of 2022.

Posts: 360 | Location: California | Registered: 14 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MeMe:
My BIL ordered a Bronco quite a while back. They told him it SHOULD be ready by Christmas of 2022.

I think mine will be in late 2023 or 2024 and I will cancel it cause they will have a electric one.

They have sold more broncos in lasted version in year one than all previous broncos combined.

Crazy demand.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
A friend ordered one a year ago. The dealer contacted him last week and said it’s scheduled build date is mid January. Then they told him they would pay him $10,000 over the list price to sell it back to them. He told them no………

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13145 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The "new " Bronco looks like a Jeep. Confused

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1586 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I drove to Abilene, Texas yesterday and noted a new Bronco for sale in front of a house some where near Clyde, Texas just east of Abilene. Think it was grey and black. Blew by it pretty quickly done I 20.

EZ

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of model7LSS
posted Hide Post
Had a buddy in Auburn, AL tell me the dealer there has a 4 door that is "market adjusted" $25,000 over sticker Roll Eyes

Auburn University BS '09, DVM '17

Posts: 604 | Location: Selma, AL | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
They are building them; that ain't the problem; it is the chips that they can't get. Modern autos are just rolling computers. They are getting built and parked until chips arrive so they can be driven. Plants have one set of chips and they remove them after parking. Ok, maybe more than one. All the old motor pools on Ft Knox that I used to have tanks in, are now Ford parking lots. (Armor Center moved to Ft Bending).
I also heard that Samsung is building an 18 (or 28) Billion dollar chip plant in Texas. Why we didn't make them in the US until now, I will never understand.
So yes, demand for new cars is definitely up, but supply is way down, and not because we can't build cars. We can't build micro chips.

Posts: 17107 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
dpcd

Nice OD.

Made me want to cry when they sent us
brand new D7 cats in fresh cat yellow.
Then insisted we paint them with a brush
OD.

I did, but, left the deck area Cat paint.
Still insisted I paint the rest OD.

I never did the dash. "I can't paint that well
and would have the gauge's painted over too. can't run it without gauges".

Mine was that way when I came home.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5944 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Local dealer on a $40k base ford bronco wanted $15k market adjustment.

I passed.

Turned out another dealer lied to me when the salesman said my bronco was ordered. 4 months not heard back from salesman or dealership.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of MeMe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MeMe:

Just saw my BIL. He has a VIN number for his Bronco and expects to get it within 2-3 weeks.

Posts: 360 | Location: California | Registered: 14 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I just received an intresting email from Hagerty, my vintage vehicle insurance agency. Seems that they offer a way for folks to get married in vintage cars (you get the picture) + they will pick up the insurance liability while you rent out your car for the event. Interesting concept anyway. In my case, a 1951 Chevy P.U. has no room in the cab for a chauffer + no room in the bed for a wedding party. Smiler But thought I would pass it along.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
No impressed with how small it is. Kind of like the new defender.

Small!

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My law partner just got one. Soft top. It is a “turbo” 4 cylinder and has a lot of plastic on it.

He liked it. That is all that matters.

I will stick with 6.2, V8 GMC.

Posts: 10841 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ford gm all automakers need to go to a direct sale model.

Tesla is showing them the dealer network is a worthless joke.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:

Mike

Tesla at 631 Billion is worth more than the top 6 auto manufacturers combined. Yet with all the save the planet feel good speeches this administration produces they never mention Tesla.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7594 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frostbit:
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:

Mike

Tesla at 631 Billion is worth more than the top 6 auto manufacturers combined. Yet with all the save the planet feel good speeches this administration produces they never mention Tesla.

Tesla is worth $1 trillion.

I am glad I am not short it Big Grin

Mike