Notify
Tools

Why bother? Porche SUV!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of DMCI*
posted

quote:
Its ride alone is easily worth the $93,700 asking price ($111,510 with options in the case of our test vehicle), but the Cayenne also gives you a handsome interior covered in enough leather to make Pamela Anderson strip in protest, seats deeply sculpted to keep you in place through the turns but not too snug for your daily commute, and a big screen in the center console called Porsche Communication Management (PCM) that does a lot of things, but not all of them well.

Seems that everybody has to get into the act. Most confused marketing department may exist with the boys at Porche or ?

animal

--------------------

EGO sum bastard ut does frendo

Posts: 2821 | Location: Left Coast | Registered: 23 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Old News........that pig has been around for many years. Loooooow quality with horrific resale value. Save your money and buy more guns! Big Grin

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That one is the high end turbo model .There are others less expensive . Don't know anything about the quality.

One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
Saw one of those partially submerged in flood water on the Outer Banks several years ago. animal

Drove by slowly in my 95 Jeep to keep from completely swamping it, I'd have stopped to help but a guy with a old Chevy 4x4 truck was already hooking up to help the exasperated yuppie get his toy out of the mud. Razzer

FWIW I did help extricate another Jeep and a Suburban from the water and sand that week. The Porshe did seem a bit out of it's element
Big Grin

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I actually like the SUV concept, but as with so many upper end SUV's I can't imagine throwing a red deer carcass into the back of this! Roll Eyes

It might be ideal for Yuppies to take them to their driven pheasant shoots or fly fishing here in the UK, maybe for the up market skiers in Aspen in the US, but its certainly not practical for a deer hunter..

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mate got one as a company car. It's absolutely pants! I've already had to pull it out of the muck on 4 occassions.

Interestingly, it seems that the chassis & drive assembly are based on that of the VW Toureg. The wife has a Toureg and i can recommend it. It's never let me down off-road and i've had it laiden down with a couple of stalkers, 2 GSPs and a couple of red carcasses in the back.

I use a 17yr old Mitsubishi Shogun which is better than all of them in my opinion.

Posts: 157 | Location: Scotland at the mo. | Registered: 27 February 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
VW porsche audi are one company. I would be suprised if it wasn't based off the toureg.. which, in big more dress, is even MORE expensive...

Here in Houston, we have a laugh about "extreme" off road vehicles that will only see "off road" if the up scale soccer mom, or better still, lacross mom, has to drive up over the curb to give little johnny his "snacks"

the DRIVEWAY is a wild adventure for these brutes.

Now, on the porsche ... a friend has one, it drives like a camero... lots of fun and stupid ammounts of power...

about the only thing it can't pass is a gas station
jeffe

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38462 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 404WJJeffery
posted Hide Post
I'm on my third Cayenne and yes they are a bit stupid BUT

I sort of have to have a larger car with 3 kids, I personally like an SUV- sitting up high and the extra hauling room.

The BEST Cayenne is the base model, I had an 05 S model, sold it and shopped a lot, thought of an Audi sedan, but ended up getting an 08 Cayenne base, which had 30 hp less than the 05 'S" and was a heck of a lot less expensive.

I really like the fit and finish of the Cayenne, and it really moves - don't know what the heck you do with the turbo - it is a true monster of speed!

And yes, the Cayenne is a Touraeg- and the Touraeg is a great car as well, having owned one!

"Are you gonna pull them pistols,...or whistle Dixie??"

Josie Wales 1866

Posts: 1489 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
The Touraeg and Cayenne were a joint project during their initial development and then went down different roads once the base platform was developed.

I have lusted for the Touraeg V-10 Turbo-diesel (330 hp, +500 ft lbs torque) for a while now but just have a hard time paying $65,000 for anything with VW on it. And who buys the $95,000 V-12 VW Phaeton? Probably a great car but the little beetle badge on the front just doesn't fit an old timer's perceptions.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote