New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gas mileage on 4wd vans
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm considering the purchase of a 2008 chevy van with 4wd.The motor is gas 6 litre,anybody with real life experence on the gas mileage on hiway and city driving?

Posts: 370 | Location: northcentral mt | Registered: 25 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good luck, sounds great.

What company did the 4x4 build?

Posts: 33 | Location: Lander, Wyoming | Registered: 31 January 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Normally going from 2 wheel drive to part time 4 wheel drive, ie it is only 4 wheel drive when you select it to be, only hurts you one or two MPG, everythig else being equal.

I do not have any experience with a 4x4 van, but a lot of experience with 4x4 SUV's.

I have however done a LOT of traveling in a 2 wheel drive Van. As long as we stayed on a hard road a Van is a great traveling vehicle.

I am suprised 4x4 Vans are not much more popular.

Especially in bad weather States...

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It has a Quigley 4wd. I currently own 2 ford e250 that were converted by Pathfinder in the 70's, the 1977 has a 460cu and gets 7-8 mpg.The 1978 gets 9.5 mpg.The 77 has 521,000 miles on the running gear tranny included but 2nd motor has gotten to be a total rust bucket.For a year I had a tricked out sportsmobile 4wd it only got 11 mpg with a diesel and a chip kit.Now this 2008 chevy has got my looking at it and the gas mpg.Anybody else had experence with these units.

Posts: 370 | Location: northcentral mt | Registered: 25 May 2010Reply With Quote