Find
Notify
Tools

A pod of pelicans
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted
Who knew that a flock of pelicans is called a "pod"? I just found out myself.

Number 1

Taken on an overcast morning at Will Rogers State Beach in Pacific Palisades, CA. last April.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
These are all from the same photo, as the above. Anybody think one is "better" than another?

Number 2

Number 3

Number 4

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They're all great, but I personally like the first one because of the colors and contrasts.

I love all your photos - keep it up!

Posts: 659 | Location: Texas | Registered: 28 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Neat photos. A pelican we rescued tried to eat me when I was two years old! tu2

Posts: 1077 | Location: NT, Australia | Registered: 10 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
There has to be a lot of fish in the area for a large flock.

Them baby's eat a lot of fish daily.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1572 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ll great but number 2 for me, Thanks

There is nothing as permanent as a good temporary repair.

Posts: 265 | Location: south texas | Registered: 30 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I like # 1 but I think it would be better if you cropped off the bottom of the photo to have just the pelicans .

This reminds me of the story of the pelican and Bugatti ! He blamed the crash on a pelican but no pelican could be seen !! dancing