Notify
Tools

Amboseli
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of DrHenley
posted

----------------------------------
"You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" ( - Kaiser Wilhelm speaking to a Swiss Militiaman)

"We will shoot twice and go home."

Posts: 26 | Location: Columbus, Georgia USA | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ovny
posted Hide Post
Great herds of buffalo, ideal for searching a large copy and gain a good trophy. If I had money, prove my 375 H & H Magnum hunting a large buffalo cafre, or better, I bought a 458 Win Mag and dipper with him. Viewing your photos is beyond me the imagination. Jejeje.

Thank you,

Oscar

I am Spanish

My forum:www.armaslargasdecaza.com

Posts: 1131 | Location: Spain (Madrid) | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gerhard.Delport
posted Hide Post
That is a great photo....

Thanks for sharing

Gerhard
FFF Safaris
Capture Your African Moments
Hunting Outfitter (MP&LP)
Proffesional Hunter (MP&LP)
History guide
Wildlife Photographer
www.fffsafaris.co.za

Posts: 1659 | Location: Dullstroom- Mpumalanga - South Africa | Registered: 14 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
very nice photos guys. they make me homesick for Africa.

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, 24 years since I passed thru there, OH, the memories. I was with a bunch of tree huggers (overland tour group) they disapproved of me, kept seeing the trophy potential in such places. Big Grin Amboseli was special though & being under the brooding bulk of Kilimanjaro made it more so (I'd climbed it the week before) The morning we left Amboseli to head to Nairobi stays with me as one of the times when time moved slowly & everything was seen with perfect clarity. I knew the trip was over. Frowner
Cheers again,
Steve

Posts: 540 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 07 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great pics of Amboseli. I think I may have a pic or two of some of the same bulls. The one is a true "dugga boy". Sad to see what the eles have done to the place and what having 2500 elephants in habitat suitable for 1/10 that many can do.

Posts: 318 | Location: No. California | Registered: 19 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SIKA98K
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ozhunter:

Now I know what Ruark meant when he wrote;He looks like you owe him money !

Posts: 456 | Location: Ireland | Registered: 12 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Not far from Amboseli is the legendary guest house of J A Hunter at Kiboko on the Mombasa-Nairobi highway.

Drinking Tusker beer's and enjoying life.

One of Us
Picture of collector
posted Hide Post
Fantastic pics !!! Daggaboy should be on a cover of a magazine.

Posts: 947 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 12 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
makes me home sick I lived in the bush just outside of tsavo for sevral month. got charged once and had a cobra come to breakfast one. Love living in Kenya

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have always thought if you allowed some bunny hugger from oh say peta to wonder around Africa and they happened on a hungry lion or buff in a baaad mood what would be the last thoughts that went through their soon to be eaten by somthing brain? I would bet good money it would be something like, "God I wish I had a gun".