Find
Notify
Tools

Prairie hen?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted
When there's nothing around to get sense of scale, kind of looks like a prairie hen.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LittleJoe
posted Hide Post
The detail in the feathers and stuff is amazing. What software are you using for enhancement?

Posts: 1355 | Registered: 04 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LittleJoe:
The detail in the feathers and stuff is amazing. What software are you using for enhancement?

I convert the RAW file with DxO, then crop, resize and sharpen with Nikon Capture NX2.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LittleJoe
posted Hide Post
Is Capture NX2 easy to use? I am not computer dumb but not an expert either. A friend recommended Light Room 4. I am shooting a Nikon D600.

Posts: 1355 | Registered: 04 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is Capture NX2 easy to use? I am not computer dumb but not an expert either. A friend recommended Light Room 4. I am shooting a Nikon D600.

I don't think any of the good software packages are "easy" and all of them merit taking at least one introductory training session. Nikon Capture NX2 has the advantage of being able to duplicate all of the in-camera controls your Nikon D600 camera can use. It also reads them, which means that even though you may be looking at a NEF (RAW) file on screen, it will show the results of all of the picture controls you programmed into the camera, while the other software packages will not. At least that is what I understand.

I hear nothing but good things about Lightroom, but have never worked with it. I also hear there is already a Lightroom 5.2, but if upgrades from Lightroom 4 are free then that shouldn't be a problem.

A Nikon D600 is a powerful camera and you should be able to produce some wonderful pictures with that. Get some good glass to make the most out of that baby.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Wow Justin...you have gotten yourself a really great camera...very happy for you! tu2

Roland

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wink:
When there's nothing around to get sense of scale, kind of looks like a prairie hen.

BEAUTIFUL SHOT Wink!!!
Very nice!!! tu2

Roland

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote