THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM PHOTO ALBUMS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Photo Albums And Videos    Few A Photos Taken From The Air Of Dubai
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Few A Photos Taken From The Air Of Dubai
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of collector
posted Hide Post
Was there recently...so many cranes. I hope they can solve the mass transit issues. The roads were pretty hectic during rush hour. I wonder if underground subway system is a possible solution in sandy soil ?????????

Posts: 947 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 12 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Civilization has finally taken root on this planet! The collective genius of humanity doing what it does best.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of emron
posted Hide Post
saeed,
notwithstanding the financial crisis, i believe duabi is destined to succeed. its incredible that the Burj is about to be unveiled in 7 days!

Posts: 396 | Location: usa | Registered: 26 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Impressive place! Thanks for posting Saeed!

Posts: 789 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TrackersNZ
posted Hide Post
I've been there 4X in the past 12 months. Always short visits, apart from 5 days in Abu Dhabi.
I am amazed by what humans can acheive in what is a relatively short period of time.
A fascinating place, all artificailly created, but beautiful in it's own way.
Has the tall tower opened yet?

...."At some point in every man's life he should own a Sako rifle and a John Deere tractor....it just doesn't get any better...."

Posts: 630 | Location: Hawera, Taranaki, New Zealand | Registered: 17 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TrackersNZ:
I've been there 4X in the past 12 months. Always short visits, apart from 5 days in Abu Dhabi.
I am amazed by what humans can acheive in what is a relatively short period of time.

It helps having thousands of Indians, Pakistanis and the like as slave labor. Not a pleasant sight. Yes the tower officially "opened" though I believe a fair amount more work remains before it is fully useable.

Posts: 1572 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boxhead:
quote:
Originally posted by TrackersNZ:

It helps having thousands of Indians, Pakistanis and the like as slave labor. Not a pleasant sight. Yes the tower officially "opened" though I believe a fair amount more work remains before it is fully useable.

No one forced all these "slave" labourers to come here.

They came out of their own free will.

To earn a living, something they could not do at home.

I suspect there a lot more slave labourers employed in China turning out ipods and other products.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66931 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boxhead:
It helps having thousands of Indians, Pakistanis and the like as slave labor. Not a pleasant sight.

all western countrys use low pay workers, saying that we dont would be lying to yourself, your mexicans in the states comes to mind, as well as our turks etc.
Calling it slave labor is an uncalled for provocation that has no merit, unless you can stand and say that your country dont use it, which is an impossible claim.

best regards

peter

Posts: 1336 | Location: denmark | Registered: 01 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Denmark Pete,

You don't find the kind of savagry brought upon the Mexican labor as what is being done to the 'imported' labor in Dubai.
Since you're in neither place, I'd suggest you keep to what you know.

Posts: 3456 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 17 January 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluefin:
Denmark Pete,

You don't find the kind of savagry brought upon the Mexican labor as what is being done to the 'imported' labor in Dubai.
Since you're in neither place, I'd suggest you keep to what you know.

Please enlighten us, as you imply you know more about the underworld and slave labour than any of us.

Posts: 66931 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One of many articles which are readily available on the internet:
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08...dubai.3.6990197.html

Saeed,
I know you're the owner of this site and I respect that. But that doesn't make your country any more saintly than my country with which you like to chastise so readily. The difference is you've lived in the States before and have first hand knowledge of what goes on here. I have never been to your country but have read and seen many news pieces of both good and bad about it.
I do think that if anyone were to balance everything together that they'd find the Emirates to be a very nice place to live. But, you do have your problems just like any other country.

Posts: 3456 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 17 January 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluefin:
One of many articles which are readily available on the internet:
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08...dubai.3.6990197.html

Saeed,
I know you're the owner of this site and I respect that. But that doesn't make your country any more saintly than my country with which you like to chastise so readily. The difference is you've lived in the States before and have first hand knowledge of what goes on here. I have never been to your country but have read and seen many news pieces of both good and bad about it.
I do think that if anyone were to balance everything together that they'd find the Emirates to be a very nice place to live. But, you do have your problems just like any other country.

Very true that all countries emply cheep labor.

But, I wasn't the one who brought up the subject of slave labour.

Boxhead did, and I answered him.