Find
Notify
Tools

US National Parks
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted
I have often shared photographs taken on different Africa trips, but we forget just how beautiful the United States is. My daughter Claire just spent the month of September touring the American West and allowed me to share some of her photographs. Feel free to add your own.

Bryce Canyon

Zion

Yosemite

All photos with a Nikon D90 and either the Nikkor 18-200mm zoom or the Nikkor 10-24mm zoom lens. It appears that my girl will climb to the top of any mountain just to take a photograph.

Grand Canyon (North Rim)

California coast

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of profyhunter
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much!
Awesome pictures, fantastic!

Phon: +498419819241
Fax: +498419819245
http://www.hunt-club-taiga.de/index.php

Posts: 556 | Location: Germany Kazakstan Kyrgyzstan | Registered: 29 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You guys have the privilege to live in an absolutely gorgeous country. I visited some of the places of the pictures and hope to return one day, once the children are out of the house.

Posts: 8211 | Location: Germany | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DUK:
You guys have the privilege to live in an absolutely gorgeous country. I visited some of the places of the pictures and hope to return one day, once the children are out of the house.

Heck, take the kids! They might even enjoy true wild nature.

I would also like to add that these photos were taken with a camera a couple of generations older than what is now available. Kinda dispels the myth that you need the latest and greatest camera on the market to take a good picture.

And there are wild animals. This mule deer fawn is from the Yosemite pics:

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There is a lot of very nice NPs. As there is a lot of nice country out side them.

I use to advoid NPs as one couldn't go armed in them.

Now that I can go armed in most of them I might even do some back packing in them.

But then I find the near by wilderness areas more inviteing.

A lot less regulations and less people.

Posts: 19361 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice pictures, tell your daughter she did a great job!

TN River and the Mountain Man...

Posts: 27 | Location: Ringgold, GA | Registered: 31 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I figured I'd post a new one from time to time:

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
We are just back from a month in the US , and had the opportunity to visit several of your Parks , and yes - the scenery is really that stunning.

As is the variety of wild life encountered. But you do need to escape the tourist destinations to find the solitude and feel the "real" granduer of these places. Cant do that amongst throngs of talkative strangers......

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Liam Mark Slattery
posted Hide Post
Beautiful Photos, a credit to her, my wife and I were in Montana for a while in 2007, looking forward to returning soon. We stayed in Cameron

Military Police

Posts: 32 | Location: Rep. of Ireland | Registered: 01 April 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Clem
posted Hide Post
tu2

Posts: 1292 | Location: I'm right here! | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Beautiful photos. Your daughter is an excellent photographer.

Posts: 3855 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote