New
Find
Notify
Tools

Grizzly pics
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Got pictures of a small grizzly, about a 6' bear, tonight on the way in to work.

Hope you like these...

Posts: 828 | Location: Whitecourt, Alberta | Registered: 10 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm jealous........I never get to see anything like that on the way to work. I work so I can go see things like that. I'm starting to think maybe I have it backwards.

Great pictures - Thanks for sharing them!

Posts: 1361 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We took the pics of these tracks May 30 2008, in the Swan Hills area of central Alberta. The tracks are 7" wide and the rear prints are 7" x 12". Pretty decent grizzly, it would likely go 8' size range.
For reference, the shoe you see beside that rear footprint is a size 13 and it will fit inside the footprint.

These tracks were taken May 22 2008, also in Swan Hills. They are just slightly smaller, but this bear would be 8' or very close.

I will never lose the thrill of seeing grizzlies and grizzly tracks. They are special animals.

Posts: 828 | Location: Whitecourt, Alberta | Registered: 10 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Taking a break from Dalls Sheep hunting in the MacKenzies I picked up a rod and fished along the bank of a small lake away from camp. About 600 meters from camp I came to a tree that was leaning out over the trail I was on. It had combed the hair off many a grizzly. Standing there stairing at the hair gave me the willies. I turned and did the 600 meter quick-step back to camp.

Posts: 13782 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kensco I know where there is a tree exactly like that; I could take you there tomorrow.

A special feeling I had was way back in 1981 or '82 and I decided to go fishing on a remote stream, up in the Swan Hills country. I had a 2-wheel drive Ford pickup and I took a wrong turn up on Kiwani Ridge and ended up getting stuck.
All I had was young legs and a stupid dog with me. As I was walking up the dirt road, I came upon spanking fresh grizzly tracks crossing the road I was on. I knew that bear was very close. I'm sure you understand that feeling of fear and how the hair stands up just a bit on the back of your neck. I can recall quick-stepping my way down that road and my head was swivelling around quite a bit.

And that was a SPECIAL FEELING...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
great pics thanks for sharing

Posts: 207 | Location: new york | Registered: 23 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ovny
posted Hide Post
I do not like to meet face to face that animal, unless either carry my 338 Win Mag with 250 grains in its charger or 375 H & H Magnum, but because I believe that I can pass evil. Beautiful photos, impressive animal.

Oscar.

I am Spanish

My forum:www.armaslargasdecaza.com

Posts: 1131 | Location: Spain (Madrid) | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Latham
posted Hide Post
Top class pics!, I'ts strange though, take out the Bear & pawprints, & I could be looking at parts of Arran (s.w. Scotland), I'm also lucky like you to work out in the wilds, Steve, U.K.

Posts: 683 | Location: Chester UK, Home city of the Green collars. | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Glad we do not get nothing like that over here

posted Hide Post
remember a song that goes "Bear tracks Bear Tracks,coming after me"?That's what I thought of when I scrolled on down.
But thanks for the pictures,they are appreciated!

Posts: 88 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the bunny huggers here in MT keep telling us that grizzly wont cross roads and that logging roads cause a lot of stress to the bear. that is one of the excuses that they use for closing roads and restricting access. in all my years the only grizzly's that I have seen have been on roads.

Posts: 509 | Location: Flathead county Montana | Registered: 28 January 2008Reply With Quote