New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dogs to Canada
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone know of a problem, or paperwork needed, to take a dog to Canada for about a week, and return?

Thanks.

jmbn
Old and in the way

Posts: 274 | Location: Lakeview OR | Registered: 02 October 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RAR60
posted Hide Post
This is dated but when I took my dogs to Saskatchewan for waterfowl you had to have certificate for shots etc from Vet. I don't recall them being actually checked but it was the rule.

Zim 2006
Zim 2007
Namibia 2013
Brown Bear Togiak Nat'l Refuge Sep 2010
Argentina 2019
RSA 2023
SCI Life Member
USMC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks- makes sense.

jmbn
Old and in the way

Posts: 274 | Location: Lakeview OR | Registered: 02 October 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nitro Express
posted Hide Post
https://inspection.canada.ca/i...389775/1326600500578

LTC, USA, RET
Benefactor Life Member, NRA
Member, SCI & DSC
Proud son of Texas A&M, Class of 1969

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?" Robert Browning

Posts: 1546 | Location: Native Texan Now In Jacksonville, Florida, USA | Registered: 10 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've taken my bird dogs to Saskatchewan several times for bird hunting. Just get a recent health certificate from your vet - although they have never asked to see it or the dogs.

They are heavily focused on your guns and associated paperwork.

This goes much easier if you are polite and compliant. Remember, they don't HAVE to let you in...

Posts: 872 | Location: S. E. Arizona | Registered: 01 February 2019Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAR60:
This is dated but when I took my dogs to Saskatchewan for waterfowl you had to have certificate for shots etc from Vet. I don't recall them being actually checked but it was the rule.

yup, same the other way. - dan

"Intellectual truth is eternally one: moral or sentimental truth is a geographic and chronological accident that varies with the individual" R.F. Burton

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
Recent health certificate from vet, but main issue they are interested in is valid rabies certificate.

I have never had an issue going either way. Have been asked but never required to produce it.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1809 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote