THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOG FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Dogs    A Shorthair being a Shorthair :-)

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Shorthair being a Shorthair :-)
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 20084 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great point ! Had a GSP and it was the best dog I ever had and the best companion as well.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, it's hard to beat a GSP as a hunting/family dog.

Posts: 20084 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
The link doesn't work for me.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2292 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
Dosent work for me either. I’ve had 5 GSP’s and Working on number 6

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1427 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RAR60
posted Hide Post
Just got number4 first 3 was pick of litter. (number 3 got sick prematurely)
Wife and I are very biased. This one like the rest can and does it all. We're taking him to GA. in mid-January for 45 days add'l training to finish him. We will be moping around missing him but they need both pieces field and family. He just turned 2 and it is a little sobering that he very well could outlive me. I don't hunt birds like I used to but he needs to be ready when I am. You owe it to them. P.S. The BS that you will harm the dog if you let them live with is the biggest farce you can hear.

Zim 2006
Zim 2007
Namibia 2013
Brown Bear Togiak Nat'l Refuge Sep 2010
Argentina 2019
RSA 2023
SCI Life Member
USMC

One of Us
Picture of Gundog 64
posted Hide Post
Have had GSP's for 30 years,currently have 3 plus a Dutch Shepherd. Best hunting/family dog you can own. Photo of the current crew.

Posts: 748 | Location: MI | Registered: 26 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Love shorthairs! We just brought home our new shorthair 2 months ago and he is quite the character! Agree with the above posters, anyone who claims a good bird dog cannot be a family dog doesn't know much about dogs; at 4 months our little guy is so lovable, plays with my boys, and I've already shot 10 chukar over him. Maybe my favorite thing is his sleeping positions...

"The true test of a man's character is what he does when no one is watching". - John Wooden

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had a shorthair female foe 11 years. That dog and I were one. She was the best did I ever had and the best companion as well. Shot many birds over her, she was obedient and very intelligent and loved people. Good memories. Enjoy your shorthair.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gundog 64:
Have had GSP's for 30 years,currently have 3 plus a Dutch Shepherd. Best hunting/family dog you can own. Photo of the current crew.

I see your dogs have their own sofa. Ours do as well… clap

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13139 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ChopperGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PAGuardian:
Love shorthairs! We just brought home our new shorthair 2 months ago and he is quite the character! Agree with the above posters, anyone who claims a good bird dog cannot be a family dog doesn't know much about dogs; at 4 months our little guy is so lovable, plays with my boys, and I've already shot 10 chukar over him. Maybe my favorite thing is his sleeping positions...

Looks like my 7 month old terrorist! He has the most unusual sleeping positions.

He's also our #7 shorthair over the last nearly 30 years.

Can't imagine what life would have been without them! Well, maybe a little quieter.....

If you are in trouble anywhere in the world, an airplane can fly over and drop flowers, but a helicopter can land and save your life. - Igor Sikorski, 1947

Posts: 676 | Location: Spring Branch, TX (Summers in Northern MN) | Registered: 18 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree that having them live with you is alright, not just alright but good. I believe it helps form a closer bond at least that is 2hat I’ve experienced. My shorthair was not only a great hunting dog but quite a character as well, loved people and many came to visit her specificly.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
We had a shorthair and a chocolate lab that lived with us for a number of years. Both great hunting
and family dogs.