THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOG FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Dogs    Had to have one of my dogs put down today.

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Had to have one of my dogs put down today.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
His name is Max.He was a 14 year old Standard Poodle.One of the best grouse and pheasant dogs I ever owned and a real buddy.He was 75pounds of love.I really am bummed out.I have another that is 9 years old.He is looking for his running mate.I doubt I will replace him.I am too old and when I croak do not want a dog to end up in the pound.OB

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That is to bad Bob losing a good dog is hard.

Posts: 19357 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Sorry to hear that. Know exactly what it is like. Am sure you have great memories and make sure you spoil the 9 yr old!!

Have never seen a poodle work birds.

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2258 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie64:

Sorry to hear that. Know exactly what it is like. Am sure you have great memories and make sure you spoil the 9 yr old!!

Have never seen a poodle work birds.

Standard Poodles are of German origin and were bred to be retrievers and all around hunters.Both mine are natural pointers.I bought them from pure hunting stock.They are very smart and learn fast.Max is the silver one in the pic.OB

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One of God's cruelest acts, make us,live longer than our dogs. A,bit of me gets buried with each one........

Posts: 41768 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Awww!

~Ann

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry. Hardest thing I've ever had to do. Know it was for you too.

Posts: 10000 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TREE 'EM
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear it.

All We Know Is All We Are

Posts: 1214 | Location: E Central MO | Registered: 13 January 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
That's a true loss. Sorry to hear it. Packy

One of Us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
So very sorry. I still consider having to do this when I was 14 one of the most gut-wrenching act of my life.

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7503 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
Oh shoot. I'm really sorry.

Posts: 9087 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys,OB

one of us
posted Hide Post
I see you also loss a fury friend, it is hard but hopefully he is in a better place.

NRA Life Member, ILL Rifle Assoc Life Member, Navy

Posts: 2296 | Location: Monee, Ill. USA | Registered: 11 April 2001Reply With Quote