New
Find
Notify
Tools

cougar hounds/beagles
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm kind of snooping around for a nice dog. I'm leaning towards a beagle, but then I've seen some gorgeous walker treehounds for sale lately. Does anyone have opinions on the hounds? i've had beagles before and they were nice dogs. I also live in the city, my back yard is large, but is it big enough for a hound or two?

thanks

the chef

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
I also live in the city, my back yard is large, but is it big enough for a hound or two?

All depends if you like your neighbors (or want them to like you). Smiler

Hounds don't need a pile of room, but they are LOUD. If they are any good, they'll be making noise pretty much everytime they smell a neighborhood cat.

I have a bunch of good friends with them (Blueticks, Black and Tan's, Redbones, Walkers...). The "outdoor dogs" are all noisy as hell. The guys who treat them more like pets and have them indoors are far less annoying to the neighbors, but the dogs still open up when they are out in the yard.

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A walker is a true hunting dog. A beagle is a family/hunting dog. The walker will never be happy unless he is hunting and he will smell cats day and night and bark like you cannot believe.

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SG Olds:
A walker is a true hunting dog. A beagle is a family/hunting dog. The walker will never be happy unless he is hunting and he will smell cats day and night and bark like you cannot believe.

we breed them and oh my GOD yeah he is right!!!!!!!!!!!! Friendly pets that love kids though.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
F**** I laughed at the description, actually showed it to the wife and she laughed too...then she got real serious.

I guess walkers are out.

thanks for the info