New
Find
Notify
Tools

.375 350 grain SMK
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just got a PR from Sierra about the bullet I think Dakor mentioned: 350 gr SMK. BC is .805; retail cost is almost $1/bullet.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Man, not cheap, but, probably along the same price line as a GS Custom HV, except of course, that the HV is a hunting bullet as well as being extremely accurate.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
A 350gr 375 bullet put through thre vitals of any critter is most likely to kill no matter what type of bullet it is. Cast, CC, FMJ, Soild, match.

Posts: 19359 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've got a 500 box of them sitting here, ready for when my stock shows up. Sierra used to make the same bullet for Jamison, sold under their label.

Posts: 1928 | Location: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: 30 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are also rumors thar SIERRA is going to produce a 320grs.SMK.
Should suit rifles like .375-.338LM, 375RUM nicly..

Best
2RECON

Posts: 140 | Location: GERMANY | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How long is this bullet and what twist does Sierra recommend?

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Im pretty sure my Lawton Barrel is a 1-11.5" twist. This bullet has been very consistent at longer ranges for us. I have shot a couple feral pigs with them and they killed them quite emphatically.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
any suggestions for this bullt in 378 weatherby for a starting load?

Posts: 85 | Registered: 07 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post