THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LONG RANGE SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Long Range Shooting    Long Range AR Rifles - LaRue and Others
Page 1 2 

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Long Range AR Rifles - LaRue and Others
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Sam
posted Hide Post
Maybe RL15 or TAC? I'm not sure what to say to try. Are your pressure signs brass or primers?

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Norfolk, Va | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sam

Was talking to another shooter about your load with the 77gr SMK and I think he had the answer. I was running the 75gr Amax. I have been informed the Amax is a longer bullet than the SMK. I gave away what I had left so none to measure. If anyone could verify this I would be grateful.

“I am an American; free born and free bred, where I acknowledge no man as my superior,
except for his own worth, or as my inferior, except for his own demerit.”
Theodore Roosevelt (1858 – 1919)

Posts: 240 | Location: texas | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Sam
posted Hide Post
Yes, the 75 grain AMAX is too long for a magazine length round. Hornady has a 75 grain hollow point boat tail.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Norfolk, Va | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of GSSP
posted Hide Post
I do quite well with the Hornady 75 HPBT Match and H4895 in my AR.

Alan

Posts: 1719 | Location: Utah | Registered: 01 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What might any body's thoughts be on a Colt HBAR Elite with a 24inch barrel vs something like the Larue. If the Colt is $500 or 600 cheaper.

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am using 77 gr hpbt Sierra's in my Noveske and they seem to work well enough out to 400y. Wind is another problem.
C.G.B.

Posts: 1094 | Registered: 25 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post