New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sendero value
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello,  i am looking at a 300 sendero.  Its an older model. 26" barrel, like brand new.  One owner. Blue and black synthetic stock.  waht is it worth?  Asking price is $700.

Posts: 581 | Location: Cheney, KS or Africa Somewhere | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good buy. A new Sendero cost the dealers around 1040. Dealers cost. the sendero's shoot very well, for that price, you can't go wrong.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jump on it if you can afford it. I have a Sendero in a 300 win mag and it is a true tack driver. First group out of the box after sighting in measured around .75". After experimenting with a few handloads, it averages around .25" with the best group at .10". Everything as is from the factory with the exception of a muzzle brake. Hope you add one to your collection. Cool

Posts: 56 | Location: Kona, Hawaii | Registered: 16 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+1 on jumping on that deal. Mine is a Custom Shop build with a 26" barrel and the HS Precision stock.

If ignorance is bliss; there are some blissful sonofaguns around here. We know who you are, so no reason to point yourselves out.

Posts: 2389 | Registered: 19 July 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For that price grab it and run. I have a Sendero in 7mm Rem Mag use handloads (162gn Amax projectiles and 58gn 2213SC). It is a tack driver and shoots groups ranging from 0.1'-0.5" consistently.
It too is an early model Sendero (1998) - make sure you mount a good scope, you'll love it!!!

Posts: 72 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 23 August 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of SMACK!!!!
posted Hide Post
Last year I paid 560.00 for a older Sendero just as you described. Excellent rifles, it is the third one I have owned. Scary accurate with the 165 Accubonds and RL-22. The last one I had, I got almost 3000 rounds out of it. The throat was shot and it was still shooting close to 1/2 moa. Shot 176 groundhogs with it, in one summer.

--------------------------------------------

Nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home.

Posts: 770 | Location: North Central Washington | Registered: 02 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SMACK I hear you, they are a feak of a good rifle. Mind you it took me close to 13 years to relaise I was using too light a projectile. For all that time I used 140gn Nosler balistic tips but they only averaged about 0.9 -1.0" groups and it wasn't until I read this website that I realised I should have been using 160-170gn projectiles. Ever since, then the Sendero shoots like a laser..

Love it!!

Posts: 72 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 23 August 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post