THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LONG RANGE SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Long Range Shooting    G.L. Perry EXBAL ballistics program - Is it GOOD?

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

G.L. Perry EXBAL ballistics program - Is it GOOD?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What's your experience with the EXBAL (GL Perry Systems) external ballistics program? Is it a good program for various ballistic reticles? Is it worth the MONEY? Where in the USA is GL Perry located? Do you know his phone number?

Regards, AIU

Posts: 3720 | Registered: 03 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gerald Perry 361-584-1424

I've not used the program, but there's some talk of it here

There are many ballistic programs available. I use BulletFlight on the iPhone. A buddy uses Shooter on his android phone. A more sophisitcated program is called Field Firing Solutions and some of my buddys swear by it. It's more expensive and runs on a PDA

JBM is free and on a desktop

Posts: 3427 | Registered: 05 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
I have been using the Perry Systems Exbal program for years and it has never let me down

A 9mm may expand to a larger diameter, but a 45 ain't going to shrink

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
- Winston Churchill

Posts: 5077 | Location: USA | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of GSSP
posted Hide Post
I started using EXBAL about 2006-7. Love it. I'd still use if my two PDA's hadn't died. I switched out my HP laptop for an Apple MacBook; never going back to a non-Apple ever. Last I heard Gerald's stuff does not work with Apple. Too bad. I'm, now, totally in love with "Shooter" for my Droid phone.

Alan

Posts: 1719 | Location: Utah | Registered: 01 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've also been using it for years now. Gerald is a great guy and listens to shooters who have suggestions about his program. His program has some features that most others i've seen don't (some are also starting to figure it out now though). He has options for reticle subtension changes in SFP scopes, trajectory validation if trajectory doesn't match initial calcs., and a few others that are handy to use and save calcing time.

Steve

Posts: 926 | Location: pueblo.co | Registered: 03 December 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post