New
Find
Notify
Tools

tikka 300wsm
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have just gotten a tikka lite 300wsm and was curious to hear how it performs. I have not had the opportunity to shoot it yet, finger is itchin real bad, due to work. I sent it to the gunsmith for a muzzlebreak.

so please shoot me any info readers have on this rifle. thanks

Posts: 35 | Location: Montana | Registered: 09 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tikkas have an excellent reputation for accuracy. The "lite" shares this, however I might be concerned about the recoil and noise with a magnum caliber. I was thinking of getting one in 308. Let us know. It should shoot well.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks for the reply. i was concerned with the recoil also, thats why i haven't shot it yet, waiting for the muzzlebreak. i will let everyone know when how it shoots.

Posts: 35 | Location: Montana | Registered: 09 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had one, t3laminate, nice rifle.
I shot 178 Amaxes from it for long range stuff and 180 Interbonds for close up stuff.

A muzzlebrake is agood idea, and I would also suggest a Limbsaver recoil pad too.

RUNAS

War is inevitable, if idiots are in charge of countries

Posts: 162 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 15 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not a "lite" Tikka, but have a Tikka T3 Tactical in 308 and will say it is a very accurate rifle.
At ranges out to 600yds. it will do as well if not better than others w/ Krieger barrels, properly bedded, good triggers, etc., etc. Negatives of the Tikka to me are the plastic bolt shrouds and trigger guard set up, plastic mags, but even with some rough treatment they have stood up well so far. At local range fellow shoots the Tika Lite in 300wsm a lot and he likes it very much. He did replace the shroud with steel one and have watched him shoot it out to the 400yd target and it does very well. Good value for the dollar.

Posts: 1328 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 19 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have one and load for two others and they will shoot 1/2 MOA easy. I would try a 190 Berger with CCI mag primers, R-19, and load the 190 Berger so it just fits in the magazine. This combo works in all three rifles I load for. I have also used the 200 Sierra Matchking and 200 Nosler Accubond loaded with the same powder, primer and seated the same as above with great accuracy in my 300 WSM.

KA Firearms Customization LLC
Firearm Coating, Gun and Optics Sales
www.kafirearmsllc.com/

Posts: 370 | Location: Buxton, ND | Registered: 13 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A friend has the "lite" and I didn't find the recoil objectionable at all. One additional item: probably the best factory trigger I have ever had the privilege of using; simply superb. Just a very nice and very accurate rifle, and I am not a fan of tupperware!

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had a lite in 270 win. Very accurate gun. Mine shot most everything under an inch, a lot of loads under 1/2 in and 2 loads at 1/4 in.

A tip to get the best accuracy from the tikka, Fire two rounds and wait for the barrel to completely cool and fire 2 more, ect.... This shrunk my group sizes a lot.

Posts: 973 | Location: Rapid City, SD | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of 416Tanzan
posted Hide Post
My 110-lb wife says that our 338WM Tikka 'jumps a little'.

So I suspect that a 300WSM will 'jump a little', too.

WDagel:
Just remember to let the trigger surprise you and everything will be all smiles. Also, remember to weld you check to the stock and let your head ride back with the recoil. Even a 270 can cut an eyebrow, but there shouldn't be any problem unless you lean into the scope funny.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+

"A well-rounded hunting battery might include:
500 AccRel Nyati, 416 Rigby or 416 Ruger, 375Ruger or 338WM, 308 or 270, 243, 223" --
Conserving creation, hunting the harvest.

Posts: 4253 | Registered: 10 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a muzzlebrake on a 325wsm but have never used one on the two 300 wsm's which I use. A brake would be nice from the bench but they make more noise for the shooter.
I don't own a Tikka but I hear they are fine rifles. I do own a couple 300 wsm rifles and load for a couple that my kids own also.
It's a fine outfit and you should be pleased.
By the way, no one can tell you how your rifle will shoot. Each gun has it's own personality. That's what make playing with them so much fun!
Zeke
PS: I use Barnes 150 TTSX and RL-17 or RP-19 (depending on the gun) WLRM and win case.

Posts: 2270 | Registered: 27 October 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, I wonder where Wdagel is? A report would be interesting! There is a YouTube video showing someone shooting a 300WM T3 Lite and complaining about it. I just picked up one in 308. report to follow.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a T3 hunter in 7 rem mag. Has shot everything I've put through it with at least .75 moa accuracy. Plan on using it my barbary sheep hunt in Feb.

Posts: 90 | Location: Land of the Gila, Nm | Registered: 17 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post