New
Find
Notify
Tools

HELP NEEDED
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
i recentley purchaed a Ziess 6-24x56 scope with target/tactical turrents, this particular model has got graduations of 1 click = .5 cm @100 m
does any one have a programe which accomidates the metric /european system, so i can dial in the range with the metric system...any help would be appreciated
Regatds
Daniel

Posts: 1478 | Location: AUSTRALIA | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you have Windows Excel? With Excel, you could set up a formula to handle the conversion for you.

Alternatively, if you have an Android phone, check out the (free) Strelok app.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
GEORGE
im lost!!

Posts: 1478 | Location: AUSTRALIA | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Daniel:

I am confused. You said you want to use the metric system and the scope is in metric, right? So what is the problem?

Or do you have a trajectory table in yards, and need to convert it?

There are 2.54 centimeters to an inch, so .5 cm is about .2 inches; five clicks would be about an inch. Does that help?

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hie!

If You are using Windows,you can trye this program: http://www.weatherbyrifler.com/Download/pcb203-en.zip

It works wery well,many longrange shooters here in Norway use it.
Just make sure to write in the right parameters (shit in = shit out) Wink

Terje Kvestad

Posts: 59 | Location: Kongsberg ,Norway | Registered: 05 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
AZ WRITER
pm sent

One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M 98:
i recentley purchaed a Ziess 6-24x56 scope with target/tactical turrents, this particular model has got graduations of 1 click = .5 cm @100 m
does any one have a programe which accomidates the metric /european system, so i can dial in the range with the metric system...any help would be appreciated
Regatds
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

If I have understood your question correctly, you would like a ballistics program whereby you can enter in your parameters and get a click value for dialing your scope?

In that case there are a few options.

I have a spreadsheet I put together with my load data and corresponding ballistic graphs and tables, I think I can modify it to something approaching what you need.

The second option is to go to JBM ballistics online: http://www.jbmballistics.com/cgi-bin/jbmtraj-5.1.cgi

Input your data and change the value of the drop-down box at the bottom labelled "Column 2 Units (0.05 to 10.00 MOA) [1.00] [?]" from MOA to cm/100m.

When you perform the calcs the second column from the left marked "drop" will be the number of clicks you have to dial.

The software itself is freeware and so you can download a copy for offline use.

I hope that helps but don't hesitate to email me if you need anything else mate.

Best,

Amir

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Concho42
posted Hide Post
quote:
There are 2.54 centimeters to an inch,

The decimal is wrong ! 25.4 = 1.00"

Don't take the chip !

Posts: 578 | Location: PA | Registered: 21 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Concho:

Someone is wrong but it ain't who you think.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
"The decimal is wrong ! 25.4 = 1.00""
Afraid not buddy! 2.54 cm to 1 inch is correct.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
I second JBM ballistics, they're great.

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post