New
Find
Notify
Tools

Long Range Match
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
FYI, later on this month Ohio Rifle Pistol Association hosts the Bob Wright Memorial match at Camp Perry, Ohio. 1000yd shoot with all manner of rifes/calibers used with both optics and micrometer sights. Whether you are a new shooter or experienced classified shooter, it is a great learning experience. Just to attend and observe is well worth the time for those interested in long range shooting. Both sling/prone and F class shooters will be participating. My schedule won't permit me to make it this year, but lot of fine shooters attend. Well managed match.

Posts: 1328 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 19 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
MFD,

If you shoot High Power it is worth the trip to participate in a match at Camp Perry. I have shot there on four occasions and while at times have been baffled and frustrated it is a great place to shoot.

Posts: 2950 | Registered: 26 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike70560,
Could not agree more about Perry and the Nationals. I have had the fortune and misfortune of shooting the Nationals for quite sometime, but whether having good scores or bad ones always enjoyed it. It is intimidating for a new shooter with all the activity going on, but one you get over the "butterflys" and build up enough courage to go to the score house and see how you did, you swear you will be back next year. The match I mentioned this month is kind of a trial run for those planning on attending the Nationals in July and August. Everyone should at least once in their life have the "hut" experience.

Posts: 1328 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 19 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post