Find
Notify
Tools

Nikon CDS turrets
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of mdvjrp93
posted
I see that a lot of people like the BDC system. Has anyone used the CDS turrets if so how do they preform. I think of buying a nikon 5-20x44 with CDS turrets for a 7mm rum. Just wondering if the custom cds turrets would work out to a 1000yds. I plan on usind the niplex ret.

1 shot 1 thrill

Posts: 340 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 14 December 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was considering that scope based on the price/features. However, I was steered away from it based on it having less than acceptable glass. My informants made suggestions for Vortex PST, Leupold VX3 and Zeiss in the 4-14, 4-16 power class. I also don't think that this Nikon has enough internal adjustment (40MOA) without also using a 20MOA base to get to 1000 yards.

This is hearsay to some extent, though these guys are competition shooters mostly and know their scopes, so I trust them.

I can comment directly on the turrets. They will work fine as long as you shoot at all of the different ranges and verify the bullet drop. The caveat is that you need to also match your shooting conditions to the turret. A hot day will affect the results as will different elevation, humidity to some extent, etc. Turrets are simple, and can work nicely, but they are not a one size fits all solution.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of mdvjrp93
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info I'll keep it in mind. The PST have been mention on other threads.

1 shot 1 thrill

Posts: 340 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 14 December 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post