THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LONG RANGE SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Long Range Shooting    .338 Lapua Magnum rifle - developing hunting loads
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.338 Lapua Magnum rifle - developing hunting loads
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jiri:
"Because shooting rifles makes smoke and that is part of the experience. I wouldn't use a smokeless gunpowder even if it was legal where I am."

Have a nice day :-)

Jiri

Big Grin

I dont own a single suppressor, never have and I have no intention of starting now. To me they look gawdy and cumbersome, the polar opposite of what I want in a hunting rifle.
I dont have a muzzle loader either. Nothing against them, its just not my thing. Big Grin

Have fun with the 338 Mate. It looks like a wicked rig!

Posts: 10138 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've used muzzle brakes and they work great but I really don't like them for their added noise.

Suppressors on the other hand are the freakin' bomb. I LOVE to shoot a rifle with one on it and carry it on the end of my rifle into the field every chance I get.

Calling coyotes is where I really saw the advantage. Several times I've called and shot one, kept calling and shot another a few minutes later.

Yep, where legal they're worth their weight in gold! IMHO. (your opinions are very valid for YOU so no argument from me).

Zeke

Posts: 2270 | Registered: 27 October 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post